DYDR Paragon Fall Ride & Trail work

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Thanks Gordon
Unfortunately the markers have a draw back too....now the quads can see the trails too, and they get on them and tear them up and change them from single track into quad trails. Thats actually my reason for reconsidering making the bridge in question accesible to ATVs. we may have to make it a little narrower so they cant fit across.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I vote narrower. And I also suggest fines, or revocation of day passes/for any quad caught riding singletrack. They have plenty of miles to ride already!
That being said. I can't wait to build up a narrow bridge!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Papakeith said:
That being said. I can't wait to build up a narrow bridge!

I take it you will be there :cool:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Are we still talking about the weekend of 11/12 and 11/13? We'll try to make it. Probably won't be camping out, tho. :ohmy:

I'm all for making the bridge bike-only. It takes a lot of work to have nice single-track, and when quads run it in it takes the fun out of it. Either that, or we just need to run the single track trail entrances through trees that are only 30" apart! :laugh:

Trig-- these are the things we do for our sport, to keep the sport alive. Without the help of people volunteering their time, energy, and tools, dirtbikers would have no place to ride, period. If you really want a thankless job, join a dirt bike club and help put on an enduro or harescramble. It's a lot more work and no compensation, just the satisfaction of having lots of other riders show up and ride your trails for a day.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
My problem was with Paragon making millions of bucks but paying you in a days ride? Thats $30? If I am paying them big money to ride then they SHOULD have the trails made and maintained. If they dont, we dont come back, correct? Thats why we pay to ride. I didnt realize that it was Scooter heading this project and not paragon. Now I dont have a problem with it. We all know how Scoots put in his time for us so now we can help him. Its cool!

RM Deamon

Aug 30, 2005
I'm interested as well, is the dates still on? As a new member my son and I would be glad to help out and meet some new friends to ride with. That is if we're welcome? :cool:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Count me in for the friday (work) and saturday (free ride :) ). I can bring the quad, chainsaws, tree trimmers, etc. I wont be camping this round either since i figure it will be a cold night. :ahhh: I just need to put brakes on the bike.

What time do we want to meet friday?

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I'm still trying to work it out. I'm going camping that weekend. It's an annual family deal, not sure if the wife has off Friday or not. If she does not have off. I'll be at the trail work day, but would need to leave at 3:30 to be home in time to go away with the family for the weekend.

I have no problem helping Paragon out as it's a legal place to ride and I'd rather see them make money because of extra trail I put in, then see them go down the tubes and have no place to ride. I don't see that place as being a million dollar money maker. And guess what, if it is a great money maker, great for them, maybe other people will see the profit they make and open their own places for us to ride. I still fell $25 a day to ride is cheap considering it cost $50 to go skiing for a day. and I have about a 2 hour drive to get there. If there's anyone going up there for just Friday from NJ, we may be able to car pool up. I'm in Glen Gardner and run up rt31 to rt46 to rt80.

Nick

njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
i could possibly go. gotta check the calendar 1st. i'm a state worker, so i have friday off.

i have a chainsaw, but i really wouldn't want to ride my KX with it - it is pretty big.

still need to figure out a cheap trailer situation.

where do you guys camp while staying there? sounds fun, hope i can make it.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey realtor man! I got the trailer for you.$75.00! My buddy here has it for sale. it is 4'x8' and it folds in half and stands up for easy storage. call me at 484-239-6187. you cant beat it!

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
So... we are getting closer to the date!

I'm going up this weekend, but will certainly make this annual pilgrimage as well!

I most likely can't get off work for the Friday work but if I can, I will bring the quad up to assist with lugging things.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Trigger1911 said:
Hey realtor man! I got the trailer for you.$75.00! My buddy here has it for sale. it is 4'x8' and it folds in half and stands up for easy storage. call me at 484-239-6187. you cant beat it!

Trigger.....You still got this trailer? If so consider it SOLD if njrealtor didn't want it!

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm still in for Friday and Saturday. Whoohooo! can't wait! I haven't been on the bike in well over a month now

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Dave, he still has the trailer. call me at 484-239-6187, I would do it quickly though. He is getting antsy about it being around his house yet.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Trigger1911 said:
Dave, he still has the trailer. call me at 484-239-6187, I would do it quickly though. He is getting antsy about it being around his house yet.

Nice talking with you. Looking forward to getting together!

What happens at work when you have a cough and cold.. sounds like you might need to have one on Saturday.... ;) :p

Dave

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
2 more weeks ... Not sure about the bridge work this time around, but the trail leading from the bridge connecting to the singl;e track still needs to be cleared for anybody coming to do trail work. Theres also another new section of single track that just needs to be beaten in, and a couple of old sections of single track that need to be cleared. Not really a lot of work, and it should still leave a few hours of riding on Friday too. Just a reminder that after this weekend, Paragon goes back to their winter hours because of daylight savings time ending. They will be closing at 4:00.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
scooter1130 said:
2 more weeks ... Not sure about the bridge work this time around, but the trail leading from the bridge connecting to the singl;e track still needs to be cleared for anybody coming to do trail work. Theres also another new section of single track that just needs to be beaten in, and a couple of old sections of single track that need to be cleared. Not really a lot of work, and it should still leave a few hours of riding on Friday too. Just a reminder that after this weekend, Paragon goes back to their winter hours because of daylight savings time ending. They will be closing at 4:00.

What kind of equipment do we need to bring.
Pack saw or axe or hammer, etc or anything ? I'm bringing one guy with me.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ok Scooter, all your :ahhh: and :( has got me losing sleep at night :nener: . Ill try to make it up Friday with the gas blade to beat the trees into submittion. I would like to volonteer for the grooving of existing sections thought as I can get some riding time in too. I can also scout a line out to cross the crick without a bridge :aj: . Ill try to make the Friday work day and Sat ride day too. I have to bag if it means making some $$$ but I think it's doable.
Hope to see you all for the ride.
Ill be camping too of corse, LOL

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
JasonJ said:
I can also scout a line out to cross the crick without a bridge :aj: .

Unfortunately they cant have a water crossing there and it has to be a bridge if we want to use the trail. gotta love the tree huggers :moon:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
scooter1130 said:
Unfortunately they cant have a water crossing there and it has to be a bridge if we want to use the trail. gotta love the tree huggers :moon:

I coulda used one of those bridge thingys on Saturday! :ohmy:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm going to shoot for the 11th. I gotta burn up some vacation days and riding sounds like the ticket!! I can't be there the 12th or 13th so just trail maintenance for me.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
scooter1130 said:

Right then, a ramp it is!!! Weeeeeeeee :aj: . We just have to spot the take off ramp between a 30" pair of trees!
Scooter, is the proposed corssing up stream from the filtration project? I would think if so that would change things.

Top Bottom