DYDR Paragon Fall Ride & Trail work

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
better than that, i'll bathe in the river. Nothing quite as invigorating as a polar bear swim

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Treejumper said:
Scooter, since we're not doing bridge work do we still need a quad? If not i'll just bring the chainsaw and shears.

Nope dont need a quad..but thanks for the offer. Your chainsaw would be great again... but this time shut it off when you are riding, and dont swing it around in the air as you ride past people :yikes:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Paragon is on their winter schedule now, so they are open from 9-4 on Friday and 8-4 on Saturday and Sunday. So are we have a 10:00 tee time on Friday, or did you want to make it 9 when they open? And how many people do we have for Friday, these are the people who said they were coming friday....And we are not holding anybody to this, but if you don't show then you have to ride behind Keith on Saturday after he goes the night without a shower.

Draybob
Musclehead
Papakeith (we may have to thaw him out first)
Treejumper
JasonJ
NJdrtrdr & friend

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
I can be there anytime. Should I bring a chainsaw, or just some big cutters, or both?

Also, would an eleven year old just be in the way or would there be something he could help out with too. I told him if he was willing to work I would ask. I can't speak for all the single track, but he can ride the stuff we usually go on along Valley Road, just a little slower. The only part he couldn't do was the hill climb at the end of it because of the deep rut that had developed.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dan,
I may make it for Friday only. Still not 100% sure but am planning on it. Got alot of crap at work that I have to deal with. Starting at 9 sounds good. No sense wasting the day away!!! Does the work party still have to check in to get wrist bands?

Chucke,
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope she makes out OK.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Draybob, It looks like we have 2 chainsaws already, so that should be enough. If you want ot bring it along just in case thats great, as long as its small enough to carry on a bike.

As for an 11 year old, if he is willing to help, I dont see a problem. We need somebody to do all the heavy lifting anyway.

Dave, yes we do need to check in and get wristbands, but you wont be charged.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I can bring the shorty chainsaw again too but certainly wont lug it if we are already well equiped :coocoo:
PK you can camp with me if you like next door to Paragon. Let me know if your interested and Ill clear it up. You have the pop up right? $10 per person per night and we can ride into Paragon in the AM. We have improvised facilites, shower house (Hot water), and a genset we can fire up if need be but I usally just stay in the van and dont need all that AC type power :yikes: . bring your fishing rod and maybe you can catch some dinner or do you just waid in and snag the Salmon as they swim upstream with the rest of your furry backed brethren? :rotfl: :moon:

PS.
I lobby for a 9:30 roll time as Im driving up Friday AM and am NOT an AM person :|

ogri

Jun 6, 2005
Trail work

Hi Guys,

I'm, going to try and make it down for Fri (& then the Sat) but can't be there 'till around 12 noon, is that OK?

Also, I'm not too keen on being uder canvas at 35'F so I'll wimp out and stay in a local hotel - anyone else doing that? If so what hotel, so I have a drinking partner!?

Ogri :ahhh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've rethought my plan. If I leave here (RI) right after work, I will be forced to slog my way through CT/NY rush hour traffic. I'd rather not.

So, I will drive down Friday morning planning on getting to Paragon by 9:00. I will sleep over on Friday night, and ride saturday. I've got a bow saw, and a chain saw that I can bring with me.

Jason. Is this the Paragon camping area that you are speaking of?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
PK, no Im talking about Red Neck Condo provisions, bring your banjo and practice your dileverance sound track tunes :aj: . All kidding aside I think you will enjoy the weekend. I always do. Is it just you? We have a guest room (heated) in the cabin but its not quite 6'2" wide. I find it cozy for 1 but very tight for 2 much less 2 .5.. ( Hey, PK has a very large cranium ok!!!!)

Jerry, I lobby for a 9:30 roll time for Saturday. Roll time means being checked in, dressed and ready to ride BTW. I know last week we said roll around 10 and our buddy decided to roll " into the parking lot" around 10:20 :p :laugh:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
ogri said:
Hi Guys,

I'm, going to try and make it down for Fri (& then the Sat) but can't be there 'till around 12 noon, is that OK?

Also, I'm not too keen on being uder canvas at 35'F so I'll wimp out and stay in a local hotel - anyone else doing that? If so what hotel, so I have a drinking partner!?

Ogri :ahhh:

We the drinkers, in order to form a more perfect union,stay at the Forest Hill Inn. Very close to the park (10 minutes away), clean, comfortable, and have free coffee and donuts starting at 5:30am.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Jason, PM me your number. or call me. I've PMed you my number.

improvised showers? I'll have the pop up in tow.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
hey guys i'm trying to make it up for sat but not sure yet, 2 of my buddies want to ride but there on quads so we havent figured out if we want to drive that far or not, money is a lil tight but we will see what happens i guess

ogri

Jun 6, 2005
I will be arriving at Paragon around 12 noon - will that be OK re meeting up and helping with trail work? Also, do I need to bring any tools/rope etc?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Here's another question. How do you strap a chainsaw to your person or your bike for transport? Are any other tools needed?

Jason. I accept. I'll plan on setting up the popup near you. I might have one other person with me. Everyone else bailed. hell, the one that's left will probably bail too. :)

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
9am is good with me. I've never met anyone from DRN yet except RMguy. So where in the parking lot do we meet and who/what do I look for. I'll be driving a blue dodge ram with american flags on the side.

Although I doubt there will be many bikers there at 9am besides us on Friday.

Do we need any tools?
I do have a pack saw that folds up and fits in my camelback.
Are we going to be arrowing anything or basically just clearing some trail and beating some other stuff in.

Nick

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Looks like I will be going for Friday. So do we plan on hitting the trail by 9:30 then?

Nick, We'll meet in the same place I met you a few weeks ago, down in the back section of the parking area.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
ogri said:
I will be arriving at Paragon around 12 noon - will that be OK re meeting up and helping with trail work? Also, do I need to bring any tools/rope etc?
We can head back up to the parking lot at noon for lunch to get you.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
Here's another question. How do you strap a chainsaw to your person or your bike for transport? Are any other tools needed?
Hmmm...I guess I misunderstood. I was just going to replace the drive chain on my bike with a chainsaw chain :aj:

Jason. I accept. I'll plan on setting up the popup near you. I might have one other person with me. Everyone else bailed. hell, the one that's left will probably bail too. :)
So Sam and Bruce are bailing????? WTF??? :(

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Yup Samnroo won't be making the trip. I understand their reasons for missing. It's still sad though :( .

Top Bottom