DYDR Paragon Fall Ride & Trail work

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
we staying at rock ridge, red ridge, rock red , or whatever the name of that campground is?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Papakeith said:
we staying at rock ridge, red ridge, rock red , or whatever the name of that campground is?

I was thinking hotel but if enough is staying at the campground then i can freeze for one night. Unless we get a site with electric again and i bring my electric blanket. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
That's why I'm asking. If we are going to go there, I will get a site with electric. The electric heater really saved the day in West Virginny. You know, the weekend where the tents blew off the mountain top, and it snowed!! With a small electric heater in my pop up camper, we were toasty warm all night.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Is the campground even open this time of year? I thought it closed sometime in October? I dont have the link here (since i'm not at home) to look.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Treejumper said:
Is the campground even open this time of year? I thought it closed sometime in October? I dont have the link here (since i'm not at home) to look.

Good point.. I was under the impression that Red Ridge closed at the end of September actually...hmm I'm not sure though.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Website says Red Ridge campground operating dates are May 1st to Sept. 30th.

I say we all pitch in and get a suite over at the Fairfield Inn. DVD player in the room (and I KNOW we have a couple Paragon vids floating around!), we'll bring some NY wine down, and have a grand old time after the work is done and the park closes for the day. :cool:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I would love to come and help you guys out, but that weekend wont work.

I am going riding this weekend (4th -6th Nov), was planning on Turkey Bay, but been there so would like to try this place out.

Would any of you guys be there this weekend to show someone around????

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How about the campground at Paragon? Is that open? It's only two days, who needs a shower! :yikes:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Papakeith said:
How about the campground at Paragon? Is that open? It's only two days, who needs a shower! :yikes:

In my experience, It's generally the guy who says "Who needs a shower!" That needs one the most!!!

:laugh:

I'm down with the motel thing. I will be bringing some folks with me too. We generally get a place at the Forest Hills. Cheap, comfortable, and hot runnin water for sore spines and stanky people.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
There's a Fairfield Inn and a Hampton Inn at the first Hazleton exit. Rt. 93. It's only 15 minutes to Paragon.

There's a couple other camping sites listed on Paragon's website, www.paragonap.com
One of them says they are open all year round.

I'm not camping in November without heat!! Bad enough getting changed into cold riding gear in the morning. :ahhh:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Papakeith said:
I'd really rather camp
is there anything available out there?

Fairfield inn is a little pricy (I think around 70/night this time of year, but don't quote me)

As far as camping, I believe Paragon rough is open as long as they are. No toilets, no electric, and no water though to my knowledge. Scooter can probably elaborate on that though.

The forest hills almost always has a room for around $50/night (double occupancy), we typically lock our bikes to the trailers and park in front of the rooms. Never had a problem (locked or unlocked).

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
PS.. Just got my room reserved

Forest Hill Inn

(about 10-15 minutes or so from Paragon, clean utilitarian rooms, hot shower, free coffee and donuts in the morning park in front of room)

Route 1, Hazleton, PA 18201
Rate was $59 bucks a night for two people on the 11th.

Phone: 570-459-2730

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
jerry and sons said:
Dave will you be there the whole weekend? looking to go Saturady.

I plan on coming in Saturday morning and leaving Sunday around 3-4:00 or so.. You gonna make it? Great bunch of people and some more great riding, perhaps the last good weather ride of the season too!

I ride in the winter too, but I really need to do my top end after this ride so it might be a while before I get back out, and snow is not my favorite medium. ;)

I am hoping to bring 4 friends.. Ken, Mike, Steve and John, but I have no definate commitment from any of them yet, so if all 4 cancel on me you can certainly share my room. Be forewarned however that when I sleep, I snore like a Yeti and tend to drink heavily and until sunrise :laugh: on Saturday nights and expect any and all roomates to do the same. :p

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
My place was big enough for everyone but I sold it Oct18th! DFam! That would have been one hell of a party! Sorry guys! As of now I am in for sunday only but if things change I will be there saturday night. Getting a suite at the Hampton in would be great. I would even come up for the night.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Sunday? I'm planning on Friday Sat! Who's still coming for Friday? If nobody else is camping, I'll pitch in for a suite with some people

Oct 13, 2005
Dave it looks like I will only be able to make it on Saturday :(
The war department (wife) has some other great plans for me on Sunday, Will you be meeting in the same spot?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
As of right now i will be there friday, friday night and saturday (day only) so i cant commit to sharing a room with anyone since i'm not sure if i will still be able to attend due to family problems. My Grandmother had a stroke last friday and doesnt want treatment (feeding tube, etc) so we dont know how much longer she will last. Still hoping for the best but it doesnt look good. If i cant make it this year i'll be sure to make it for the spring ride.

Scooter, since we're not doing bridge work do we still need a quad? If not i'll just bring the chainsaw and shears.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
jerry and sons said:
Dave it looks like I will only be able to make it on Saturday :(
The war department (wife) has some other great plans for me on Sunday, Will you be meeting in the same spot?

Yessir....same spot! See you Saturday! :cool:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
ahh screw it, I'm going to camp right at Paragon. I don't need no 'lectricity. I'll bring water, and shower right outside my camper. Damn the Man!

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
Papakeith--
I'll bring water, and shower right outside my camper.

How long do you suppose it will take to chip Papakeith out of that block of ice on Saturday? :laugh:

Wintermute
-----------------------------------------------------------
BREAKFAST.COM halted . . . Cereal port not responding.

Top Bottom