soquel

Mar 19, 2002
Well I just turned the big 16 :aj: and am looking for my first bike hauler and I'm leaning toward a ford E-250. I'm looking for any suggetions or tip on how to set up the interior. I am thinkin drawers and a workbench on one side towards the rear and room behind the seats for a bed or somethin. Any help would be appriciated.

maicomotoman

Dec 16, 2001
Whatever you do, make sure you leave plenty of room for a cooler :) Hey super rat, your PM box is full. Let's ride! I'm thinking I'll hit Wolcott at around 4:30. Let me know what you're up to.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I'm down Yo. That means cool I'll go. There is always room for a cooler. Even when my race rig was a CRX I found room for a cooler :)

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I had a 15 passenger e-350 window van that was tricked out. It had the 351 motor and ran well, got decent mileage and looked great. it was a 1995 model and you can still find them for a good price. The bike shoe idea is grea, you can put 2 bikes in it easily and still have a tool box and COOLer in it. I recomend adding a reciever hitch and get a carrier to put on it to haul gas cans to keep the fumes out.

DK

Feb 26, 2000
There's a company in Portland, Van Specialties that builds up "Motovans", recommending extended E-250. They can build up the front like a customer people hauler with a rear seat that coverts to a bed and weld in a wall partion about 1/3 down and finish out the back as the bike hauler area, holding three bikes. You can do it a fancy or basic as you want but easily keep the cost under a new 4x4 pickup truck. Haven't had one built yet, but want to, I think that's the ultimate bike hauler. Imagine you could find someone in any large city to do this for you. Anyone have pictures of their MotoVan?

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Rather than mounting a carrier to the receiver hitch to haul gas, I've seen metal roof racksbaskets that people load fuel and other outside gear onto. If it's just a cheapie van then you can probably make something that will work to hold the gas on the roof.

Top Bottom