2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
rickyd said:
Frisco may of been RC's last SX win. I think Reed will at some point take it to Stewart, and not by Stewart crashing out.
I do admit, Stewart is way fast indoors.........however, we always seem to write RC off rather quickly. Why? Doesn't he always come on strong and amaze again? Even though he's most likely not training like normal, and is away from MX/SX competition, I'm not betting against him.
And..... I can't say that I think Reed is at all in Stewart's league. Reed crashes too.

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I do admit, Stewart is way fast indoors.........however, we always seem to write RC off rather quickly. Why? Doesn't he always come on strong and amaze again? Even though he's most likely not training like normal, and is away from MX/SX competition, I'm not betting against him.
And..... I can't say that I think Reed is at all in Stewart's league. Reed crashes too.

Reed tied Stewart in points last year in the AMA championship. He is in his league.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Mxrider26x said:
Reed tied Stewart in points last year in the AMA championship. He is in his league.

thats the magic word, last year. JBS is a good deal faster than CR this year. the only race he actually competed was last week (whatever it was). congrats to Ferry, i really like him and i definelty think he's going to get at least 3rd in the standings this year.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Mxrider26x said:
Just on a note about Chad Reed at this race. It seemed to me that it was more him having a bad race than stewart being insanely fast (which also happened), because reeds times were near Ferry and Windham's times, which does't regularly happen.

I thought Reed was much smoother in his heat race than in the final..

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
MXobssesed4 said:
No doubt that Ferry is a good rider, i just dont feel that he's on the same or should be on the same level as Winhdam.
His results speak differently.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Ferry has finished ahead of Windham, Byrne and Tedesco at every single AMA SX so far this season. (six rounds).

He's either riding great, or all those guys need to ditch their rides and pick up new Kawasakis!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I like K-Dub, but I think he is happy to be where he is at and has lost the "Hunger" Kawi should of never got rid of Bryner, wasnt it something like 5th over all he finished just a few years ago in the Outdoors, on a 250?

Ferry has been riding hard and good, better than I imagined.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
rickyd said:
I like K-Dub, but I think he is happy to be where he is at and has lost the "Hunger" Kawi should of never got rid of Bryner, wasnt it something like 5th over all he finished just a few years ago in the Outdoors, on a 250?

Ferry has been riding hard and good, better than I imagined.

i agree, i wouldnt have gotten rid of Byrne, but id gladly trade Byrne for Ferry :nod: . also congrats to RV for showing up and racing, i think that there's not too much point in watching the 125 class anymore, its total domination. love to see Kawasaki's on the podium, also good to see that all the great racers are on Kawi's, RV, Ferry, and JBS. Kawasaki has made a great bike along with having great riders :cool: .

motoman880

Feb 2, 2007
last year sx

dirt bike dave said:
Ferry has finished ahead of Windham, Byrne and Tedesco at every single AMA SX so far this season. (six rounds).

He's either riding great, or all those guys need to ditch their rides and pick up new Kawasakis!
i dont know if yall rember but i am perrty sure byrne almost beat r/c last year or the year before

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
motoman880 said:
i dont know if yall rember but i am perrty sure byrne almost beat r/c last year or the year before
almost only counts in horseshoes.

and hand grenades

sp1tekiller

Aug 23, 2004
kawicam250 said:
thats the magic word, last year. JBS is a good deal faster than CR this year. the only race he actually competed was last week (whatever it was).
Jeez, you forget Toronto and San Francisco pretty quickly, and there were others too.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Fastest overall Main Event times

Pos. No. Best time Session Rider name Hometown Bike
1 7 00:50.407 Main Event James M Stewart Haines City, FL Kawasaki KX450F
2 14 00:51.598 Main Event Kevin W Windham Centreville, MS Honda CRF450R
3 22 00:51.723 Main Event Chad Reed Tampa, FL Yamaha YZ450F
4 15 00:52.008 Main Event Timmy M Ferry Largo, FL Kawasaki KX450F
5 9 00:52.458 Main Event Ivan Tedesco Murrieta, CA Suzuki RM-Z450
6 11 00:52.596 Main Event Travis A Preston Hesperia, CA Honda CRF450R
7 13 00:52.910 Main Event Heath D Voss Mico, TX Honda CRF450R
8 26 00:52.973 Main Event Michael Byrne Newnan, GA Suzuki RM-Z450
9 12 00:53.306 Main Event David Vuillemin Murrieta, CA Honda CRF450R
10 25 00:53.784 Main Event Nathan Ramsey Menifee, CA Yamaha YZ450F
11 53 00:54.016 Main Event Tyler Evans Corona, CA Suzuki RM-Z450
12 37 00:54.215 Main Event Paul P Carpenter Ithaca, NY Kawasaki KX450F
13 256 00:54.363 Main Event Bryan K Johnson Cairo, GA Honda CRF450R
14 40 00:54.394 Main Event Jeff Gibson Blacklick, OH Kawasaki KX450F
15 90 00:54.489 Main Event Cole T Siebler Emmett, ID Honda CRF450R
16 921 00:54.496 Main Event Manuel Rivas Kawasaki KX450F
17 32 00:54.862 Main Event Ryan D Clark Waddell, AZ Honda CRF450R
18 79 00:54.956 Main Event Jacob Marsack Allenton, MI Kawasaki KX450F
19 23 00:55.901 Main Event Kyle Lewis Henderson, NV Honda CRF450R I did not get to see the race yet,got to see the lites though,but KW would seem to be a contender for sure!

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
sp1tekiller said:
Well Reed was right on Stewart through the whole Anaheim 3 race too. That was the one I thought you were referring too.

thats the one, A3! i looked back to previous threads, and saw A3 results right with San Fran results, so it was A3 that i was referring to :whoa: . but still, if the next race ends like the last one did, the season is over.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I think it's amazing that the top 13 Lites riders lap times were less than a second off the pace from the "big boys." Proof that the 250F probably needs to be a 200F :)

My impressions, KW is KW's own worst enemy. Sometime halfway through the race he just fell off his pace. Also came up really short on a jump which probably didn't help. But if he finished as strong as he started, he would have been on that podium.

And Reed is just losing faith in himself. I don't understand why a guy who quits MX to focus EXCLUSIVELY on SX would rather make excuses for his poor performances than just HANG IT OUT and see what happens. He needs to hit up the GOAT on his celly and ask for some tips. Cause the excuses thing, even if valid, just ain't workin.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Reed looked smoother in practice than he did in the main. It just looked like he did not get going until the race was half over. Bubba took his time as well but once he started charging he just looked better every lap to the finish. Reed and Kevin kept within one section of Bubba but never put the hammer down to try and catch him. IMO RC would have at least tryed once or twice to close the gap b4 settling in, they just looked comfortable were they were. Ferry was the only one charging towards the end of the race.

The lites heat race with RV and Lawerence was the best race I have seen in a long time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Mxrider26x said:
There seems to be a double standard with Reed and Stewart.
What do you mean?

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Okiewan said:
What do you mean?
He means that if Chad gets hurt he is a warrior, if James foes it is an excuse or he was riding over his head. Or is Chad makes a pass for the lead it is just racing and if James does it is a dirty riding.

that would be my guess. :whoa:

Top Bottom