20 270 Nathan H. Skaggs
21 82 Jake Moss
22 70 Ryan Mills

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Listening and watching are 2 different things. Nobody went? Reed went down, Hill took charge. RV pulled it out at the last second. RD with the hole shot and the lead.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
We were up here with Chili who should have some great pictures later.
Lites Grant got the holeshot and led all the way. Villopoto was right on him and made several passes but grant got him back right away each time. Finally on the last lap RV was pushing hard and after some bumping got by. Going into a tricky off cabre right before the finish Grant went wide and made a last ditch effort to get by RV but when he realized he was going to be landed on ditched the bike. He got up with plenty of room to finish in 2nd. Do not miss the broadcast of this when it airs- By far the best battle I have seen in Lites.

SX class had hill running hard out front Reed got a bad start and had to work up from 6 or 7. For the firsst couple laps he worked to get by Short and then made it by Windham. Reed went down from what I saw by himself after jumping out of a short whoops section that most guys were doing a jump in jump out on it. Didn't really see if he caught the last whoop or washed the front out going into the turn but by the time he got up and fired the bike he was back around 8 or 9. Didn't look like he was on a mission to catch the leaders after that instead just looked to be riding. Hill ran away and Dungey pretty much had room to cruise in front of KW. Most of the race was good but nothing like the Lites race.

For those interested I think they made the 30 sec board girls skirt a bit longer this week :(

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
For those interested I think they made the 30 sec board girls skirt a bit longer this week :(

I must have had a different view :nod:

Reed was also apparently battling a severe case of the flu, didn't even do the second practice session.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
oldguy said:
Chili said:
I must have had a different view :nod:

Yes- end of the track with that big-ass zoom. I was thinking the same thing (about your vantage point)watching you shoot. Now you'll have everyone clamoring for you to post that up! :debil:

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
oldguy said:
Reed went down from what I saw by himself after jumping out of a short whoops section that most guys were doing a jump in jump out on it. Didn't really see if he caught the last whoop or washed the front out going into the turn but by the time he got up and fired the bike he was back around 8 or 9.

He was indeed all by himself. Maddy claims Reed washed out the front when he took a different line coming into the turn. I just saw him mid-air. He was hanging spread eagle, off his seat, body over his bars -before landing badly. He was out of control of himself mid-air, which suggests he came out of the whoops poorly. However- like you, I only caught it mid-play.

As to the Lites-

Despite it being an awesome battle- I hated to see Villopoto win. Not that he didn't work hard and unrelentlessly every minute and take a lot of dirt up the snout. I certainly admired all that. It was an exciting race. However Grant was graceful every minute of the race. Each time RV would momentarily take the lead, Grant would elegantly resume it. Very pretty riding.

It's probably just me, and I know nothing at all about this sport or its cast of characters-but RV certainly didn't win any charm points in my book in his interview. Not that anything he said was naccurate...IMO-The little ktm guys had more class. I couldn't wait for him to shut up.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Chili said:
Reed was also apparently battling a severe case of the flu, didn't even do the second practice session.

:( :( :(

Hey, there is a new one. Sorry not much of a Reed fan...I think he is a cry baby. I was very happy to watch (in person) the Daytona race.

Congrats to Josh Hill!!!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Bad on KDub and all the other seasoned vets. I hope the factories are looking at this.

Seems like Nick Wey has gone backwards on the KTM :|

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Dungy could end up in the top 10 only riding half the races in the SX class if he keeps riding like he has been.

He is averaging 17 points a race,, yeah I know it is only 3 races,, but still that average over all 11 races so far would be 3rd place.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
HiG4s said:
Dungy could end up in the top 10 only riding half the races in the SX class if he keeps riding like he has been.

He is averaging 17 points a race,, yeah I know it is only 3 races,, but still that average over all 11 races so far would be 3rd place.
And there would go his chances of riding SX lites next season. I think if he hits a top 20 finish he would point out of Lites. Not positive and if I am wrong witing for the real explanation

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I wish PC would field a 450 rider. I think a bunch of the older 450 riders are satisfied with their finishes and not eager like the 'Young Guns"

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I also found it kind of humorous that Dungey's results as a newbie in the SX class are better than their full time 450 rider's(Vullimen) results the entire season.

I know those guys go out there and try hard, but it really does look like none of the veteran's have the fire in them anymore like RC JS had.

I'm also bummed to see Wey doing poorly. I knew in the past that the KTM was a difficult bike to ride for the Pro's, but after watching how well Alessi did last year I thought they had finally brought the bike around. Its very interesting how they simply dominate off-road, but struggles so much in the SX/MX classes. Also intersting though that the Lites riders seem to have no trouble with the bikes. Could it be that Wey is just not able to adapt to the bike.......?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
fatcat216 said:
It's probably just me, and I know nothing at all about this sport or its cast of characters-but RV certainly didn't win any charm points in my book in his interview. Not that anything he said was naccurate...IMO-The little ktm guys had more class. I couldn't wait for him to shut up.
I really did not hear his interview so I missed this. What was the gist of it?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
flynbryan said:
Could it be that Wey is just not able to adapt to the bike.......?

You mean like Langston, McGrath and all who have dared to try before? Will be interesting to see what 09 brings with rumors of KTM putting linkage on the SX models.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
And there would go his chances of riding SX lites next season. I think if he hits a top 20 finish he would point out of Lites. Not positive and if I am wrong witing for the real explanation

You were correct Dave but the AMA writes the rules in pencil and it seems someone found an eraser this week.

AMA said:

DATE: March 15, 2008

SUBJECT: 2008 Monster Energy AMA Supercross an FIM World Championship.

Effective immediately please note the following rules changes. Developed in consulta-tion with Live Nation, these changes are intended to provide a safer and more competi-tive riding environment during timed practice and also provide qualified riders for the du-ration of the 2008 Monster Energy AMA Supercross an FIM World Championship:

Intentionally stopping on the race track during timed practice is prohibited. A rider found in violation of this rule will have their fastest lap of that session removed from the official results. A stoppage on the race track resulting from a mechanical issue or a fall down will not be considered intentional. The Series Manager or his designee will make the determination to whether or not the stopping was inten-tional.
Any designated Lites class rider choosing to move up to the Supercross class in the 2008 season will be permitted to return to the Lites class in the 2009 season regardless of his overall placing in the 2008 Monster Energy AMA Supercross an FIM World Championship class standings. For the remainder of the 2008 Supercross season, any rider who currently holds an AMA Motocross license, that does not meet the licensing requirements listed in the 2008 AMA Supercross/Motocross rulebook for a Supercross Lites or Su-percross class endorsement will be allowed to petition the AMA Supercross Series Manager for a Supercross Lites or Supercross class endorsement. Riders choosing to do so must currently hold an AMA Motocross license and be able to prove their ability to compete. This may be accomplished during practice at a Supercross event. In order to compete in the Supercross class a rider must also complete the FIM licensing requirements.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
AMA doufuss elites said:
For the remainder of the 2008 Supercross season, any rider who currently holds an AMA Motocross license, that does not meet the licensing requirements listed in the 2008 AMA Supercross/Motocross rulebook for a Supercross Lites or Su-percross class endorsement will be allowed to petition the AMA Supercross Series Manager for a Supercross Lites or Supercross class endorsement. Riders choosing to do so must currently hold an AMA Motocross license and be able to prove their ability to compete. This may be accomplished during practice at a Supercross event. In order to compete in the Supercross class a rider must also complete the FIM licensing requirements.
Think by chance someone finally realized 34 entries in the SX class is pitifull. Maybe making it worthwhile for riders to show up with a bit more prize$ might be incentive to get them there
As usual the AMA is to late to save the season for spectators at the last few races

Mar 13, 2008
True That

fatherandson said:
:( :( :(

Hey, there is a new one. Sorry not much of a Reed fan...I think he is a cry baby. I was very happy to watch (in person) the Daytona race.

Congrats to Josh Hill!!!

Hey my wife likes chad reed a lot but he lost his roots as a real rider and is turning into a rider who is only into supercross for the money. He spends it well at the bar too, indianapolis tiki bobs sorry no pics. Good job Josh Hill.

Mar 13, 2008
Wey trying hard

flynbryan said:
I also found it kind of humorous that Dungey's results as a newbie in the SX class are better than their full time 450 rider's(Vullimen) results the entire season.

I know those guys go out there and try hard, but it really does look like none of the veteran's have the fire in them anymore like RC JS had.

I'm also bummed to see Wey doing poorly. I knew in the past that the KTM was a difficult bike to ride for the Pro's, but after watching how well Alessi did last year I thought they had finally brought the bike around. Its very interesting how they simply dominate off-road, but struggles so much in the SX/MX classes. Also intersting though that the Lites riders seem to have no trouble with the bikes. Could it be that Wey is just not able to adapt to the bike.......?
Wey is working real hard but most people have not realized he is struggling with Bronchitis and Pneumonia the past three weeks. He said the bike is sick fast but not getting the best of starts and cannot pass through traffic.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sprocket Racing said:
Wey is working real hard but most people have not realized he is struggling with Bronchitis and Pneumonia the past three weeks. He said the bike is sick fast but not getting the best of starts and cannot pass through traffic.
Too bad he's not a Warrior like Reed. :|

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Sprocket Racing said:

yeah I have heard the bronchitis and pneumonia stories. Personaly, I think it is the bike. I'm interested to see how he does outdoors on it.

Top Bottom