Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Though I am the "President of the Central Tx chapter of NTSP" my duties don't stop there. I am also the President of our local motorcycle club here in Waco. I've never been too interested in flat track but this weekend my club is hosting a VDTRA National, AMA sanctioned flat track event with all the top names in the sport. I can handle hitting jumps and dodging trees but these guys on the flat track are nuts. If anyone would like to give it a shot or even sit in the stands with me, here's a link to the event.Waco Eagles Motorcycle Club

Don't yell at me Bob for Spam, just sharing the information to my DRN buddies. You and the Thumpster head down this weekend and give it a shot, they are running a knobby class Saturday night.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
JMD said:
Are the top guys like Chris Carr and Joe Kopp going to be there? I'd go down to see that.
From the mouth of Dick Ford, "The following is a partial list of National #’s that I talked to and their probability of being there".

Chris Carr - good chance
Joe Kopp - good chance
Bryan Bigelow – good chance
Dan Gedeon – yes
Jake Johnson – yes
Henry Wiles – good chance
Terry Povey – yes
Johnny Murphree – yes
Jared – Mees – yes
Rob Pearson – good chance
Glen Schnabel – good chance
Bryan Smaith – good chance
Willie McCoy – yes
Mike Hacker – Yes
Tim Eades – yes
Kevin Varnes – yes
Jess Roeder – yes
Geo Roeder – maybe
Logan Meyers – yes
Nichole Cheza – maybe if she comes with Mees
Logan Scherb – yes
Ricky Marshall – maybe
Kent Briggs – yes
RUSS BRIGGS – yes

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The racing was amazing today. It was worth the drive, for sure. Those guys are crazy. I can't believe how fast they were going, especially the 750cc-1000cc twins class, all H-D XR750s. Wow. I'd love to go to DuQuoin this year for the National and see the whole crew battle it out.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Man it was a busy weekend for me. I only got to watch the 1st pro heat on Saturday and a little practice Sunday. I didn't event get to sign up for the mx race though I did a few laps in the 1st heat. There were a lot of people there

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It was great to see lots of vintage flat trackers -- Triumphs, Harleys, Bultacos, etc. And the smell of Castrol and racing fuel brought back lots of old memories. The pro twins class was amazingly fast -- Johnny Murphree won, but there were a few other national numbers chasing him. The track has kind of a blue groove, so they weren't hugely sideways, but you could see the rear ends slipping, sometimes violently. It was a great event. Nice job, Waco Eagles.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
do they still do a national at oklahoma city? ive seen em up there but it was some time ago.

Top Bottom