rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
8:30????? from Brighton?????

My preference would be 9:00am, only because I have a 2.5 to 3 hour drive.

Any input from the others; Badgerman, Hiller, the boys from the Thumb???

Rickshaw::whiner:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Ricky

hook up with us at 10 man, your gonna need your rest! :p

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Just to let you guys know I attempted to ride at my cabin in Merideth yesterday and it was not rideable yet. Leota is a little bit north and west of the cabin so I imagine they have more snow.:(

crb

Oct 14, 2001
Snow?

Did Leota get much rain yesterday? If so the trails might be O.K., some one who lives close might want to check it out before everyone and their brother shows up for the Saturday ride.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
snow report- -Leota

My dad spent some time in Leota on Wednesday. His report was that the two tracks had snow, but the woods did not. He is headed north again on Sunday (3/31). I will ask him for an updated report.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Oops I goofed, I forgot that I have class on the 6th in Lansing. I let the excitement of riding get to me :whiner:
Anybody planning on still being there on Sunday? I believe Mark will be getting back from South Carolina and he said before he left that he wanted to go riding still on Sunday.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am getting this feeling that we may have a NASCR incident at our first trail ride between the two OLDEST guys in the group!!:p :p
Sorry Jeff. I am headed home Saturday night.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
HI Everyone

we road at the tin cup trail east of baldwin this last friday, The two track was mostly packed with snow, the single track was snow coverd about 30%of the time, Man is that snow trickey:scream:
Cory And I are planing on coming to leota on the 6th, hope the snow is gone for good!
Looking forward to riding with everone again this year.
we are also planing on coming to the rights of spring ride.
If I can help with enything for this years rides please let me know.
see you Saturday at leota :)

Brent/Sparkey

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
sore back, too much yard work!

Freddy, you're right about needing that rest.

Maybe I should just show up around noon for one of your burgers. I guess my expectations to compete with the oldest rider in the group was a little far fetched:D

I'll be happy to finsh the ride in one piece and be able to sit in a chair, drink a beer and chow!

Rickshaw

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: sore back, too much yard work!

Originally posted by rickshaw
Freddy, you're right about needing that rest.

I'll be happy to finsh the ride in one piece and be able to sit in a chair, drink a beer and chow!

Rickshaw

Are we the oldest Rick? I'm with you about being in one piece and sipping a beer after the ride. No burgers on this ride. Those are a Trailfest Treat. Maybe some sinicker bars though. :)

I'm healing up a sore thumb from some of that snow and ice Sparky was talking about from a week ago. Seems that brakes don't work real good on ice so I'm hoping it feels good enough to hang on to the bike by April 6th.. I'll just park my Kawie behind your rear fender Ricky and see how long it takes for you to lose me OK? Drafting to save energy!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
seniority clarification

let's set the record straight here with the age thing.

Mark W is our most experienced full time rider, followed by my comrade FredT and myself.

Technically, Circuit Rider is our most mature part time rider.

Anyone else eager to share their "seniority" :confused:

Rickshaw

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I have a question. What are we going to do for lunch? Are we going to go to a BK or MD's some where or should we bring a cooler with a couple of sandwiches?

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
lunch ritual

I thought it was a DRN ritual for the guys north of West Branch would bring lunch.

Am I missing something here? :p

No burgers FredT?

Is it Friday yet?

Rickshaw

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mweissen will be in southern state golfing this weekend. The newlywed (circuitrider) has not committed to be in attendance on Saturday. So technically....Rick and Fred will be the OLDEST this weekend.
Tom, bring a cooler with food and drinks. We will eat at the trail head after our morning ride.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
OK. Just Trying to plan ahead here! ;)

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Yea. We Have to go back tommorow though. My new gear came a minute ago. It's bright orange and will match the "cow" perfectly! It is suposed to snow the next couple of days up here. Then be in the low 50's on Saturday and snow that night!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: seniority clarification

Originally posted by rickshaw
let's set the record straight here with the age thing.

Mark W is our most experienced full time rider, followed by my comrade FredT and myself.

Technically, Circuit Rider is our most mature part time rider.

Anyone else eager to share their "seniority" :confused:

Not exactly Ricky, Marks birthday is
Birthday February 28, 1957 - Hell, he's younger than you!

Mine is Feb 7, 1955 I be the old goat 'cept for Circuit Rider the newly wed. (Who just turned 60 Sunday!!!)

BTW: I survived my first day of construction on my restaurant - 25 days left to go! WHEW! C'mon Rites of Spring!
Rickshaw

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
We have two more Cabbage patch Riders! :p Brad Birgy and his step son Chase are coming down to ride too. Timmay and I will prolly hich a ride with them. Now there are More awsome riders on The Cabbage!!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
WOW!

17 riders coming with 3 more maybes plus Hiller and his buds. Great! What a way to start the season! Awesome baby! :confused: :cool:

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Snow here in Kalkaska. Suposed to snow till Wednesday. Total Accumulation 4''. High 40's to low 50's on Saturday with snow starting that night. WE can still ride though! :aj:

Top Bottom