fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I will be riding on Saturday...rain, shine or SNOW. Our first ride last year included snow, ice and water, but we are avoiding that section of trail. The Leota loops has a lot of sand and very few wet spots. IT WILL BE FUN!!!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
As the self appointed weatherman, be advised you may get wet and your bike may get dirty.

Break out the **** tex and waterproof gear, let's rock :aj:

Rickshaw

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just talked to my dad. He was spending some time with his new wife in Lake City (north of Leota). He said there was not enough snow last night to cover the road or sidewalks. Also, it was warm enough that the snow was not sticking around.
Hey Rick.....as penance for his email against women riding KTMs, Fred has to clean all pumpkins after the trail rides this year!!! ;) :D

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
fatherandson, great mind's think alike:

Hey Rick.....as penance for his email against women riding KTMs, Fred has to clean all pumpkins after the trail rides this year!!!

Knowing our buddy FredT, he'll have the other cabbage patcher's do the washin' :confused:

Rickshaw
aka "Badgerman in a Can"

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
New Method

Originally posted by rickshaw
fatherandson, great mind's think alike:

Hey Rick.....as penance for his email against women riding KTMs, Fred has to clean all pumpkins after the trail rides this year!!!

Knowing our buddy FredT, he'll have the other cabbage patcher's do the washin' :confused:
Rickshaw
aka "Badgerman in a Can"

I'll back up my high powered Kaw to your bikes and gladly sand blast them with some s-12 roost for a nice even coat of protectant. Front brake applied and 4000 RPM oughta do it. Should hide that ugly orange real nice. Let me know when. :confused: Or if you prefer I'll pee on your bikes after I drink that after ride birthday beer from Mike. Glad to be of help. :moon: :moon:

Last edited:

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
ain't he funny Brian??? Imagine that lil bike spittin' green peas :scream:

All this bench racin wears me out. I think I'll just shut up until Saturday!

M61 at the trail head 9am????

Rickshaw

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
BADGERMAN & SWEEPRIDER,
THANX FOR THE NEW BIKE... I PUT TOGETHER YOUR STUFF AND SOME PARTS I HAD LAYING ABOUT, WITH THE ENGINE OUT OF A HONDA LAWNMOWER AND CAME UP WITH A KAWASAKI BEATER...
AND IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE HORSE THE CHURCH GAVE ME...

MIKE SR. AKA CIRCUITRIDER
WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
FredT is the resident expert on the engaged front brake and a hand full of throttle. You guys should ask him about his last experience :aj:
Just a hint...Mio mud...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
He He he

Originally posted by fatherandson
FredT is the resident expert on the engaged front brake and a hand full of throttle. You guys should ask him about his last experience :aj:
Just a hint...Mio mud...

Where do you think I got the idea! Now the pee was original though.

Rick if you show up at M-61 at 9:00 you may be a lonesome guy, we're riding at LEOTA. I'm kinda getting used to riding in snow, but I think it will be mostly gone by Sat. We're looking at 40 degrees every day up to Sat and then 48 on Sat. Balmy. I might ride "Ironman" style with a tank top and chest protector in that kind of heat. I think there is a Crik in LEOTA too. :scream:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Keep your pants ON Fred

Just keep those clothes on this weekend Fred! I wasn't at TF1 but the stories I've heard are enough to make me sick! ;) The Crick at Leota will be nice for all those pumpkin gals washing the mud and roost off those precious bikes. :whiner:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by CircuitRider
BADGERMAN & SWEEPRIDER,
THANX FOR THE NEW BIKE... I PUT TOGETHER YOUR STUFF AND SOME PARTS I HAD LAYING ABOUT, WITH THE ENGINE OUT OF A HONDA LAWNMOWER AND CAME UP WITH A KAWASAKI BEATER...

WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!

Hey, Happy belated birthday!

Yeah, it does not take much to assemble a Kawasaki beater......a bunch of old KTM parts, a little 5hp Honda engine, old tires off a '73 TM400, and a quart of Yamalube! LOL!

Hopefully you'll find a use for those old parts.

BTW, unfortunately I am not sure I will be able to make the ride on Saturday. I have an all day fishing excursion planned for Friday with my two youngsters who are off school this week. We will be spending the day at a highly secret and remote spot (not even MWeissen knows where it is) in NW lower Michigan. I don't plan to get home until late Friday evening, too late to load up and head north again after minimal sleep. So, if I don't show up at the proposed start time, don't wait for me.

I am sure that you will not even miss me although you may miss the cookies I was planning to bake!

Have fun!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey, whats the seat height on that baby?

Originally posted by CircuitRider
BADGERMAN & SWEEPRIDER,

WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!

If it's for short guys maybe I can buy it and ditch my kawwie? Those Honda mowers can really rip on the grass tracks! Self propelled big wheel for the whoops...ya baby! :silly:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Now Badgerman is FUNNY!!!!!!!!! :aj:

Hope you can make it Tim. If not enjoy the time with the kids and we will see you at the next ride.

The Jonesville Bridge does go over the Muskegon River at the trail head. It may make a perfect group picture spot, but I am NOT swimming this weekend.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Now only if I was able to attend..... lets see....Hmmmm!
Freds "low rider Kaw"
Mikes "fire breathing 300"
Rick wheelie thru a mud hole and somebody is going to get wet:)

Sorry I am going to miss the whole show.

Brian

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
RED T.

IT'S KINDA LIKE THE 125 MOTOR IN THE 390 CR (HUSKY) FRAME MIKE JR HAD AS A 14 YEAR OLD... I THINK HIS INSEAM IS 37 INCHES..

HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS SOMETIME THIS WEEKEND... PROBABLY ON THE WAY BACK TO CHAPEL HILL..

MIKE SR.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
I checked the forecast for the weekend.

Sat High of 43 partly cloudy low of 20.

I would say that most of the mud puddles should be froze most of the day. Keep me posted on who does the most face plants :)

Brian

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey guys, if you are not able to meet at the BK in Harrison at 8:30, meet us at the trail head. If you have not been to the Leota trail head there are two ways to get there.
You can take M61 WEST out of Harrison. You are looking for Old State Road (2-3 miles) and turn north. This road is paved and you will stay on this road for 8 1/2 miles. You will travel through Leota (DO NOT BLINK). Old State Road will T into Pierce Road (it may be call Muskegon Rd), turn right and go
2 1/2 miles to the trailhead. Jonesville Road actually dead ends at the trail head.
The other option is to Old 27 north out of Harrison (2nd Harrison exit). You will travel 4 miles and the road will begin to curve to the right. You actually want to turn to the left and go on Bailey Road. This road will take you over the highway and turn to gravel. It will eventually turn west and become Pierce road. After a couple of miles the trail head will be on your right.
Looking forward to it!!!!

Mike

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Is the BK at the first Harrison exit from the north or south?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
any trail reports? I pulled this off a web site. I will most like be meeting you folks @ the BK. http://iwin.nws.noaa.gov/iwin/mi/public.html
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GAYLORD MI
955 AM EST WED APR 3 2002

THE FOLLOWING ARE SNOWFALL REPORTS RECEIVED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE IN GAYLORD...VALID FOR THE TIME PERIOD ENDING AT
APPROXIMATELY 800 AM THIS MORNING. ALL SNOWFALL REPORTS HAVE BEEN
RECORDED IN INCHES.

ACROSS EASTERN UPPER MICHIGAN...
12HR 24HR
LOCATION SNOWFALL SNOWFALL
TROUT LAKE 0.5 0.5

ACROSS NORTHWEST LOWER MICHIGAN...
12HR 24HR
EAST JORDAN 2.0 5.0
ELMIRA 6.0
FRANKFORT 2.0
GRAYLING 2.0 4.5
INTERLOCHEN 1.5 3.5
KALKASKA 1.8 3.5
LAKE CITY 4.0
LAKES OF THE NORTH 2.0 4.0
PELLSTON 2.5
TRAVERSE CITY 1.5 4.3
6SE GAYLORD 4.9
CHARLEVOIX 2.0 3.5

ACROSS NORTHEAST LOWER MICHIGAN...
12HR 24HR
LUZERNE 3.8
TAWAS CITY 2.0
ALPENA 6.0
HIGGINS LAKE 2.0

CJC

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
You guys better bring ice skates and dry clothes. All of the woods sections have standing water/ice in every corner. I tried it last weekend, didn't make it very far though. It was also raining the day I was out there so it was double the fun. There hasn't been enough sunny/warm weather to dry out the woods sections yet. Have fun but be careful.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin, I am headed north this morning. I have a family function in Lake City tongiht. I plan to stop in Leota on the way and scout the trails. When I get to Lake City and have access to a computer, I will post an update report.

For all of you who are reading this post from work......... :moon:

I am going riding!!!! Bye! Bye!

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Leota Trail-April 5th

I'm back from the trail ride! It was an adventure!!!

In the pine trees, there is snow and ice in the woods. Some of the more open trails are sandy. I rode 17 miles and had a good time. As much fun as you can by yourself.
On Saturday it will be warmer. The conditions will not allow us to ride at speed, but will provide with a lot of bench racing stories. You will get wet, you will fall down and WE WILL HAVE FUN!! :aj:
I hope everyone still plans on coming. I am headed to dinner, but will try to sign again later tonight.

Mike Jr. (using Mike Sr.'s computer)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
How deep of snow Mike?

Is it like a frozen skim coat with ice or is it a few inches deep? When we rode in Gladwin 2 weeks ago there was snow and ice in the shaded areas where you needed to slow WAY down but it was not more than and inch deep but frozen real hard and there was frost in the ground there too. We had maybe 10% snow and ice on the trail and most of it was open with frost and frozen dirt sections. Is this about the same way in Leota???

Thanks for the trail report. See you in the morning at the trail head.

Fred T.

Top Bottom