Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'm riding sweep at the Catra 1 H/S.
Hope the AAs don't run me over again this year. :eek:

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Hey knobbie I'm heading up to Fishhouse to run the h/s.
Thanks for the invite..
Woods are you running the B class or you running sweep for all classes?

I have a feeling this ride is gonna beat me :eek:
Remember p.k last year when his bike got hung up in that maple in that rock section (holy $hit).. I'll never forget that..
Dirty what about you any commitments made that you don't remember doing? :)

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Ha ha . The only commitments I had were to WORK ! Sat I swept for the Jr Enduro that Woods was trail boss for and Sun. I worked my paying job .
So Rip , how did you do ? How did you you like that A-B loop ? Did you recognize PKs hill when you came DOWN it ?

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
:cool: I bet that was neat to sweep and watch the juniors ride..
My wave was 4 laps of 6 miles but I only completed 3 :o ..
It was my first this year and it beat me up pretty good..I placed 4th..
My left leg cramped up near the end of the 3rd lap, got scanned at the barrels and went to the pits.. I couldn't stand up on the pegs, which you had to for the realBONEY sections (about 80%). I also bruised my left elbow it looked like golf ball was under my skin (time for some elbow pads)..
It was pretty fast the terrain and track was in awesome shape thanks to CATRA..There was a couple of good motorcross sections with good woops and some airy jumps which you could relax for a couple of seconds...I didn't ride the AA-B loop I was riding C open..I saw Woods there and he told me that they opened that loop up for AA-B they did 6 laps.. Woods put me to work, well it wasn't really work I was taking care of the rider #'s and times as they went by the barrels, I had alot of fun thanks Bill.. Looking forward to CATRA II..
So Knobbie since this is your thread how was your ride?..This Mohawk all offroad thing was this an event or a place to ride..I'd like to check it out sometime I need to strengthen my endurance..

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Roland - Good to see you there. Someone told me a guy in a box van was asking for me. I couldn't think of any fellow spodes that have a box van so I thought maybe it was somebody I owed money too. Again thanks for helping at the barrels. Funny how we have 100 club members, but less than half show up to work. Let me know what size t-shirt you wear (XL I assume) I'll snag you one for working.

Flubie - Again thanks for taking Saturday off to come help. I wish more members would pitch in during race day.

What started out out as a beautiful course Sunday morning turned to 5h!t in a hurry throughout the day. I swept for every race and would run with some of the packs for a short distance. The A-B loop got abused bad. Lots of hotlines through the mud to get around a rocky section. Oh 5h!t hill got torn to shreds. On the final sweep lap I got stuck and could get up. I rode close to 90 miles between Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dang Roland, I saw your times tonight. If you did 3 full laps you were smokin' the course with an average of 16-minute lap times. The top Junior at Saturdays Jr. Enduro was running 20-minute lap times on the same course, and he could probably hang with AA riders. You would have overalled the Novice-class with 12-minute lead.

You wouldn't recognize PKs favorite hill anymore. I could probably drive my truck up it.

Last edited:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
No problem Bill , I had fun doing it .
Rip , it was a good time . There was a wide range of talent riding that loop .From some poor little guy on a claped out KX65 who bailed on the 1st lap to a kid who would have been competitive in the B classes on Sun. I rode 3 sweep laps and then after did a lap with Woods and another club member . We included the AA-B loop in that one . NICE . I think I will be able to go back on Fri . to see the damage done .
If you race CATRA in July I will probably be working that race .

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Sounds like you had a good time Steve, I wanted to head up there earlier and watch some of that but had to work a little later than expected..
:confused:
Bill, I checked my standings right after I left you and it said 3 laps.
How many times did they scan me NETRA hasn't posted them yet?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Rip - They don't breakdown lap times anymore. Your score said 3 laps, 48 minutes and some odd seconds. You were ~45-minutes ahead of the next guy that only rode 3 laps.

Top Bottom