Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
So i figured I figured I'd do a new thread on my "conversion". Since my last thread closed I got the motor out of the donor bike and got it put in the new frame. I have a few things to adjust near the cylinder as you can see in the pics. Once i have the swingarm i can do some final adjustments and then it can go off to the welder. If everything goes well i should have it done by the end of February.

motors out
engineout.jpg
[/IMG]

goodbye old home
byebye.jpg
[/IMG]

hello new one
newhome.jpg

rightside.jpg
[/IMG]

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Shagy,

Thanks for posting!! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Fred im goin to update this as i get more photos to post with it so there might be days where i dont have anything but it should be a sweet bike from what AJ ar service honda told me there awesome in the woods

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
yea i think its because I dont have the swingarm attached yet as im waiting for it to get here.

Nick - I ussually would have the garge spotless but ive got 3 other bikes torn down at the same time as my brother blew up 2 03 125s this year and dad had the kickstarter gear decide to crap out on him in his 125

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Well I got the shock linkage today so i can make sure the pipe is going to clear the shock but I'm still waiting for the swingarm to show up. It kinda sucks too as I have to go back up to Ferris since school is starting next Monday. In the long run though it just means that I can get more done on the weekends.

morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Hey Shagy, nice looking project. Gonna be a cool bike.

You might want to make sure to check the front tire/pipe clearance. I've heard some of the Kawasaki conversions being close there.

I had that issue when putting a 500 in a CR125 frame. Easy enough to check, just pop the fork caps:

P1010108.jpg

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Well I got more clearance near the cylinder head so now i should be able to take the cylinder off without taking the motor out.
backside.jpg
[/IMG]

clearance.jpg
[/IMG]

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Okay guys since i got back this weekend I got quite a bit done. The swing arm and swing arm blot showed up but still no subframe so that pisses me off a little. I got the swing arm bolted up to the frame and checked the chain alignment to make sure all was square before made the measurements for the spacers in between the motor and the swing arm as the motor is skinnier than the swingarm opening. I still have to order the frame rails but once i get the rails it can go off to the welder to start making motor mounts and get this bike read for the track
1295120065419.jpg
[/IMG]

1295120052020.jpg
[/IMG]

1295120012656.jpg
[/IMG]

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Just figured I'd give you guys an update. Havent gotten much work done as I have been away at school. I have a bunch of parts coming this week like the shock, gas tank, air box and a full bike bolt kit. The replacement frame rails should be here by next wednesday so i should be able to have it all welded the following week :cool:

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Finally got some parts and a little bit of work done. I got the subframe and airbox put on to see how all of it was gonna fit. I ordered a cr250 airboot to connect up to the carb as the kx250f air boot is too small around. I just ordered the front suspension and radiators and im ordering the frame rails tomorrow so it will probably be goin to the welders next week :cool:
withsubframe1.jpg

airboot.jpg

withsubframe2.jpg

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
UPDATE:
I got the 02 CR250 airboot in this weekend. Got the adapter plate made to put the airboot on the 250f airbox and once installed its just barley touches the back of the air horn on the carburetor. Now I have to get a 3/8" reed space and the whole intake tract should be set. As far as cooling goes, I got radiators of of an 02 cr250 and the dang near fit. I nee to move the water inlet on the right side radiator but other than that its set to go. I should have pictures for it next week.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Hey guys just a short update: I got the brackets made up for the radiators to mount the cr250 radiators to the 250f frame. I havent had much time to work on with my car diein last week. I will have some pictures posted tomorrow on the progress made.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
okay so heres some pics from the last month of my build. Plastic is courtesy of Matt Harris at Epic MX. The radiators are oversized Honda 250 radiators. In the middle photo you can see the adapter ring i made and still need to trim down.
plasticallon.jpg

airboxadapter.jpg

radiatormock.jpg

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Heres a rough copy of the brackets I started to make for the cr250 radiators to fit. Once i get them finished Im going to trim away the excess material but they should work really well
radiatorbrackets.jpg

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Looks awsome. What year of 250 engine are you using?

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
so heres an update as far as the work that got done this weekend: Have the chassis set for welding to commence. Started making motor mounts so it can all be welded next week. I spent 3 days fabing up some brackets for the cr250 radiators and just couldnt get them to work right at all. I grabbed the radiators off of the donor bike my 03 250 and they match right up so if anyone is looking for a set of radiators for an 02 and up cr250 i have a brand new set of over sized radiators im selling for 150. I did get the bike off the stand and while i still dont have a seat for it yet this bike is very tall. it has more under bike clearance than my 03 also

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Gettin some real work done today! I bent up a set of frame rails, material and bender courtesy of 09oneL, and started fitting them to the frame so far Ive got one done and am going to start doin the other side after a short break.
framerails.jpg

framerailfit.jpg

framerailfitbottom.jpg

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Shags,

Nice job on the tubes! Your project is moving along well.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Finally got a short update guys! Got the radiators all modded to fit the frame near the yolk area. Going to pick up some chunk aluminum so i can make the motor mounts on thursday. Hopefully after the weekend it can finally all get welded up and I can start final assembly.

Top Bottom