Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Its been kinda stalled due to the fact that i needed a race bike for the last couple of weeks but i got the motor back out and im just making some final frame adjustments before I have it welded up all the way. I'll post some picture later today as im workin on it today

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Got quite a bit done this week. Got the motor spacers made radiators final fitted and started makin the silencer braket and motor mounts
IMG_20110611_202144.jpg

IMG_20110611_202203.jpg

IMG_20110612_192202.jpg

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
it may look steeper than normal due to ive had to shrink the photos so they dont show up so big on here. I do think though that it will be slightly twitchy so im going to put a scotts steering dampener on the bike as well. I did check the pipe to tire clearence and it looks like that will be fine. The next fun part is to see if brad lowe can get the suspension right on it.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Fork angle does look steep. Looks like a WICK WACK machine :yikes:

Watch out for high side!

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
you got to remember too though that suspension is still setup for the 250f motor and just the motor alone is a good 10 lbs so that could have a little to do with it plus the carb seat electrics and rest of the exhaust isnt on it yet either

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Just a small update: got the headstay all done tonight. Goin to kenny hunts tomorrow to finish the motor mounts. have to drill the holes now and take off the excess material. Hoping to drop it off to the welder next monday

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Now that jackpine is over I can start workin on my bike again. Go the parts today to finish the radiators. Those go to the radiator shop thursday and hope fully this weekend I can get the motor back out of my steel Frame one last time and take it and the new frame to the welder so it can be finished up

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Okay guys I know its been a minute since I updated you all. I finally got my radiators back from bill hicks last week. They look awesome and very trick. I got the motor back in the aluminum frame to check clearences and such. I finished all the milling of the motor mounts today, just have to drill the holes for the bolts to go through. I took some pictures and I'll get them posted up tonight.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Okay so heres the pics. You can see the radiator to pipe clearence is way close but i think ive figured out a solution to that. On a MAJOR plus, THE BIKE HAS GONE TO THE WELDER!!!!! :cool: Hes busy welding up skid plates for Enduro engineering right now but he said hes gonna weld it up next week so I may Have it in time for portland!
1315957430166.jpg

1315957440916.jpg

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
got the rear brake system in today. Just waiting to hear from Jim that my frame is done. He said he should have it done next week, so I MAY be riding it at portland depending on how bad the suspension is.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
FINALLY! I talked to my welder last night and hes welding the bike next week. Im going over to help and make sure its done the way i want it. As soon as it gets back in the garage its goin together so as soon as I have it running I'll make a video and post it up on youtube so you guys can see and hear it

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
So I now have the bike back and its all welded up! Took a year to get to this point. I did quite a bit of work yesterday on it and should have some picss of it posted up this afternoon. Not a ton of stuff left to do either, need to make a silencer hanger, carb adapter, and dent the pipe on the back side to clear the radiator and I should be able to run it.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Im still far from finished. I need to get all the wiring hooked up , finish heating and denting the pipe and figure out how to hook this stupid carb up but I'm getting there

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Thanks for posting :cool:

What is the goofy thing attached to your handle bars?

Will you be adding lights and a horn?

I'm not sure you should get too far from the van for a while.

It is looking really good

You will have to bring it over when it is ready

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
that "goofy" thing hooked to the handle bars is my route sheet holder that i hadn't taken off the bars yet but as since been removed. I will be buying the klx450r headlight and a tail light. Don't worry fred until i get the whole bike sorted out i only plan on hittin the mx tracks. I will be givin you a call once its done

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
I'm not sure you should get too far from the van for a while.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously tho....it looks like you put a ton of work into it. Nice job....I hope it turns out to be a fun bike to ride :cool:

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Thanks mark. It has taken a lot of time to do it right so it doesn't look like a hack job. There is still a ton of work to do though. Already sitting on it I can tell there is alot more room than the old chassis and it feels narrower.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I hope that thing handles OK after you are done, it would suck to do all that work and it won't turn or something because of geometry and how the motor sits in the chassis. Good luck with it!

Top Bottom