Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
As of right now the bike is assembled and just need a petcock which should be here today or tomorrow so I can make it run. Before i do that though i need to heat the bottom of the tanks so I can relieve it around the spark plug area just the slightest amount. I finally figured out what to do with the rear brake spring as I couldnt hook the kx250 one up because it would have been banjo tight and rubbin on the right side cover. So instead I went the blingage route and got a hammerhead designs clevis and spring kit, and i will tell you other than looking sweet it offers you alot of adjustment not only to the pedal height but the pedal tension. I also got some bars and handgaurds so I can put some of the borrowed stuff on the other chassis as I can afford it
newhandgaurds.jpg

rearbrakeclevis.jpg

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Finally had the bike running today! Need to get a longer piece of fuel line cause right now mine is stretched banjo tight. Have to put the chain on it and the shifter and it will be ready for its first test ride! Hopin the weather is good before the superbowl cause I would kill to get this thing out this weekend

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
So its nearing completion, Got the graphics on last week, just waiting on the numbers to show up. Also took my suspension to lowe racing as thats who I've had do all my bikes. Kinda upset brad himself wont be doing theses as hes out of town for 6 weeks. So I should have this ready to ride in time for the battlecreek snow scramble
2012-02-20_15-58-42_421.jpg

2012-02-20_15-58-51_661.jpg

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Looks really good!!

Thank you for posting your progress. It has been fun watching and it is nice to see it pretty much completed.

Nice job Shagy :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Azzhole #1 - Wasn't last years 2011 "A" section really the previous 2010 "B" section?... Will the Sandsormers have a couple of Kool-Aid stands in place this year?... How about a 50/50 drawing in the Plains?...

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:laugh: Hey AZZHOLE you and Reed have 2 things in common 1 you always cry about your owie's and you both are Expert Whiners! Now lets get back to Super X eh Fleddy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nickolino said:
:laugh: Hey AZZHOLE you and Reed have 2 things in common 1 you always cry about your owie's and you both are Expert Whiners! Now lets get back to Super X eh Fleddy

:cool: you betcha ay?

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
So.... I got to ride the bike finally today and I must say that its the best bike ive ever rode. I actually fits my size which is the main reason for this build but it handles so much better that the old steel frame its crazy. I have a few things to dolike fix my rear brake as I think my master cylinder may need a rebuild and some fine adjustments on the controls but for the most part the bike is A-MAZING

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Well I have ridden the bike twice now with the third time comin up tomorrow and this thing is just about ready to go for portland. I cant believe how a crazy idea to build this thing last year could be an awesome bike. Had a lot of doubters on this project about it wouldn't ride right or it would be a hack job. I do have to thank one guy huge on here 09oneL and his company Professional Metal Works for helping me with the cradle materials. I will have this baby all shined up at the track and ready to go at the portland harescramble so if any of you guys are comin stop over and check it out

Top Bottom