WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Thanks everyone.

I am so tickled I chose this bike. Riding it today seemed so natural. I guess it was the bonding in my dining room this past week. It flowed through the whoops easy(so unlike the 300) and loved the ice. I passed Bruno on an uphill ice section like he was sitting still. I still have some adjusting on the front forks as it wants to underturn in the corners, and seemed to plow in the sand.

For those of you who know my boy. Please tease him. He bought new FMF pipe and silencer for the 300. He also bought an exhaust plug. We get to the trail and he is trying to start his bike and claims his spark plug has fouled. He walks around the parking lot asking anyone for a plug without luck and finally jumps in his truck heads to town to buy one. About 10 minutes later Bruno looks at his bike and notices the plug.

So here is his new name

Jr Jr the plug non-remover.

Last edited:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I must admit, I did the same thing for the 1st of my 2 winter rides. I was thinking I had a mouse nest in the pipe or something until I noticed the new orange plug was in. :bang:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
Glad you're liking the new bike Lou Ann, that's so sweet looking!!

PS: You need socks with little dirt bikes on it for riding your dirt bike, not little horses!! :)

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Womanrider,

That is a beautiful piece of machinery!

I gonna have to work on getting my wife to let me bring my bike into house for pix!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
PoeBrian said:
Womanrider,

That is a beautiful piece of machinery!

I gonna have to work on getting my wife to let me bring my bike into house for pix!

The thing you need to do is get her bike in the house.

I made Bruno stop and wash my bike last night so it could return to its home in the dining room. It is my new baby, the bonding must continue for 2 years so I do not get Motorcycle Detachment Disorder. Because if that happens them all hell will break lose.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
MuddyBuddy said:
Glad you're liking the new bike Lou Ann, that's so sweet looking!!

PS: You need socks with little dirt bikes on it for riding your dirt bike, not little horses!! :)

You have to love horses. I had to wear those socks for the pics, the pants were way too short. OK, we need someone to make dirtbike socks. You would think Smooth Industries would make socks for us ladies.

Last edited:

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
09oneL said:
I must admit, I did the same thing for the 1st of my 2 winter rides. I was thinking I had a mouse nest in the pipe or something until I noticed the new orange plug was in. :bang:

TJ was thoroughly embarrassed.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
That's a nice bike Lou Ann! I'm sure it'll only suit you better as you get it dialed in specifically for you. As far as the power valve is concerned. Just use the girly spring and crank it out all the way (like I do) ;) You won't even notice it opening and closing. Sean

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Thanks Sean

Getting the bike dialed for me is the key, I was not able to do that on the 300 last year. The power valve spring is currently stock and I might keep it that way. I did not notice it being wicked(like the CR250) when it opened up on the trail Sunday. I just think TJ was trying to mess with my head.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
duckboy said:
That's a nice bike Lou Ann! I'm sure it'll only suit you better as you get it dialed in specifically for you. As far as the power valve is concerned. Just use the girly spring and crank it out all the way (like I do) ;) You won't even notice it opening and closing. Sean

I agree with Duckboy. I use the green spring in my 07 300 it makes the bike easy to ride/chug to me it's not about abrupt power, it is about usable power. I rode my 09 200xcw yesterday and I really like the ignition mapping switch, it's like 2 bikes. I found myself changing it for different sections of the course.
The spring in your bike is really easy to change, I would try all of them. It's amazing that you bought 3 different motors. You also may want to use the stock (yellow) spring and instal a mapping switch.

Top Bottom