Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that Northwest Arkansas MX track has closed. The track has been moved to just across the MO line on Hwy 71 and the name has changed to Suger Creek MX. I'm going out later today to check it out. Its' suppost to be good black dirt with a mix of sx and more outdoor style layout.

Now for the good news bad news. The guy doing the track is not offering memberships for riding privileges. So I will not be able to go riding during the week. :( But the good news is he is having organized practices on the weekend, $10 to get in. So... once I get the new ride, you guys will have to come over. :thumb: I just hope he has learned how to build a better track!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's good news.  So have you decided which color of bike you are going to ride?  2 or 4 strokes?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Brian,
At the moment I'm leaning back to the blue 2 stroke side. I'm concerned about all the jetting issues with the CR 250 I've read about. Seems the YZ doesn't have that problem. But again, the CR 450F sure looks good in red! To sum it up, I don't know.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Just remember that smile you had on your face in October after riding Brutus. :p

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Just remember that smile you had on your face in October after riding Brutus. :p

I remember, but I think Brutus is more of a beast then me! The CRF sounds like it is a little tamer.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Sawblade

I remember, but I think Brutus is more of a beast then me! The CRF sounds like it is a little tamer.

I hope MX547 reads this.:p

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I took my son out this afternoon to ride at the new track. It is very open and fast with many off camber turns, with a few up/down hill straight a ways thrown in. The dirt is black with pea gravel mixed in. I can't wait to get a bike in the spring as it looks like a lot of fun. Sawtooth had a good time but was unsure of the off camber turns and the one up hill straight that has a jump.
I think MX547 will like this track a lot. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom