Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TrailRider450EXC said:
From what I've heard about Trailfest from previous years, it sounds like a great time. I'd like to make it this year. We'll see if I can get away from the school work that weekend and make a trip down from da UP.

:ride:

If you need a ride partner/ gas money person to share expenses my Son Nate is going to MI Tech and he'd come down for the weekend with ya I'll bet. :nod:

PM me your e mail addy

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred T said:
If you need a ride partner/ gas money person to share expenses my Son Nate is going to MI Tech and he'd come down for the weekend with ya I'll bet. :nod:

You could also stop by the bike shop in Marquette and pick up the reformed azzhole aka Nick. :laugh:

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
I had heard there was some Wild Free Range cows down that way... I guess I know where the steaks are coming from!!! Thanks for the info, that'll help in my decision on who/what to bring.

Jamie

tdunn976 said:
Legally he can not ride the quad at all under 10 years of age and only then to do farm related choirs under 100% adult supervision. Can't be used for fun until 12 yrs old. (michigan compiled laws, Public act 451.)
I believe the club grounds has cows that need to be feed during trailfest though.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Cows or not I think those "DEATH MACHINES" (quads) should be banned from club ground use. There are dangerous in the wrong hands, right SLOW ONE!!!!!!!! :nener:

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
Don Marsh said:
Cows or not I think those "DEATH MACHINES" (quads) should be banned from club ground use. There are dangerous in the wrong hands, right SLOW ONE!!!!!!!! :nener:

Buddy I do hope you are kidding... bringin' Jr and his death machine may be the "ONLY" way I can get to come... I just need the :nod: from the "President" here at home!!

J

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Jamie, we welcome the first international participant to Trailfest. The death machine comment is an inside joke. As long as the four wheel vehicle has brakes, there will be no problem.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Sorry for running ya down Don! I'm telling you if that death machine were mine it'd be used for target practice by now! I go to the clubgrounds last weekend to fiddle with the bike a bit and pull the turd out of the shed(turd aka deathquad), starts just fine pulling it out but won't start when I want to put it back in! Check plug for spark, check fuel supply, engine has compression, but no runny run. Shed doors are elevated so I had to push the friggin thing back up the ramp. I think the good lord is telling me to stay away from four wheelers cause every time I touch the thing it gives me problems. :uh:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Man Jamie you are quick, even before I could email you to warn you.
I will have the TTR125 there if he wants to try a bike without training wheels.

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
Sounds good... I'll really put the push on as long as Braeden can come. Like I said in my email, Don, Darrin may come with his 2 boys, and yes they are all on 2-wheels :nener:

Thanks guys, It sure sounds like a Blast :cool:

Jamie

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
Again, you guys are awesome and I look forward to coming down. I guess there is a place to set up a travel trailer? (hope that isn't a stupid question... maybe I'll use the search button)

J

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Primitive camping

Pre-entries are encouraged as we need to pay for insurance and permit fees. The cost is $15 per rider. If you would like to camp at the clubgrounds, the camping fee is $10 and will given to LMC for use of their property. I encourage you to bring your whole family. We will limit the entry/camping fee to $50 per family. If a family member plans to stay at the clubgrounds to ride, please arrange for adequate supervision.

Jun 23, 2006
Fred T said:

PM me your e mail addy

That sounds good. I can't send PMs, but here is my email address:

k w b u n k e r at m t u dot e d u

D3luxe

Aug 11, 2007
It's about a 3.5 hour drive for me, but i'll try to be there. Sounds like a lot of fun, just have to convince the parents to let me go up there. Most likely if I do come up, a friend will be accompanying me..When I find out some definate answers and the plans for this get settled in a bit more, then myself and a friend will be pre-reg'ing,

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Shagy100 said:
you prolly still got those number ones from like 02 when you and luca won light team on there dont ya?

Yeah shaggy I still got em, collecting dust with the bike........You should have a set by trailfest. Ill show you mine if you will show me yours.........not that, everyones seen that i meant the number plates.

Don, great idea. Since i will be fairly busy between now and trailfest
I would be happy to leave the KTM at home and ride something blue japanese and preferably a 2 stroke 250 of the 2008 vintage. Rumor has it you may be able to help me out.
I will forward preffered suspension settings,tire recomedations and some bling suggestions. Barkbusters in any color but pink please.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yeah shaggy I still got em, collecting dust with the bike........You should have a set by trailfest. Ill show you mine if you will show me yours.........not that, everyones seen that i meant the number plates.

Shaggy aint' got 'em yet!
I have a 15 year old gunning for them thar plates and the fat lady ain't singing Yet.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
wyatt said:
Yeah im hopin There gonna look sweet and im hopin to make it this year

tdunn976 said:
Shaggy aint' got 'em yet!
I have a 15 year old gunning for them thar plates and the fat lady ain't singing Yet
If you dont show up at log road the fat ladys gonna sing fo sure

D3luxe

Aug 11, 2007
Before I get completely dedicated to this, do you guys think that as a new rider i'd be able to handle it? I dont think the 50 miles would be as tough as the terrains..not sure what its like up there. At the time of the ride, ill be riding for about 3 months.

I just dont want to drive up there and find out that i'm not experienced enough for it =P

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D3luxe said:
Before I get completely dedicated to this, do you guys think that as a new rider i'd be able to handle it? I dont think the 50 miles would be as tough as the terrains..not sure what its like up there. At the time of the ride, ill be riding for about 3 months.

I just dont want to drive up there and find out that i'm not experienced enough for it =P

Some of the riding will be on ORV and some of it will be on trails tighter than ORV. Handguards are required. If you attempt it I suggest you bring a buddy to ride with so you can help each other.
FT

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:yikes:

He saw how much faster Paul got after switching from a slow-handling, heavy 4-stroke.... Watch out SS-A class!

... And one step closer to Orange...

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Rumors?
I guess you found me out I picked up a pristine condition Yamaha 2T, and will be riding it at select enduros next year.
Wyatt you can ride it at trailfest if you want. :ride:

Attachments

• yam2.jpg
    yam2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 253
Top Bottom