Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
My friends dad is doing the amatuer classic on the 18 and 19 up at Unadilla, before the national. I was thinking about doing it too, sounds like fun, but I haven't been riding very long. He said the amatuer track has no doubles, but rather natural terrain stuff and fast riding. I was wondering if anyone has raced there before or know how experienced the riders are in the 125 novice class. I was just up at jack frost traxx and was doing pretty good on the novice supercross track, and I could handle the deep ruts on the motocross track, and some of the jumps, but just dont have the many years of experience as some other riders.

Side note, dont you hate it when a kid on a kx60 does the 40 foot double effortlessly, and you roll it? :o

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Originally posted by Glitch

Side note, don't you hate it when a kid on a kx60 does the 40 foot double effortlessly, and you roll it? :o

Yes !

I have never ridden the tracks there , but have been to the races . The major difference you will find between the SX track and Unadillas natural track is the hills . They are quite large . Also I think you will find that the track is MUCH faster than SX .
Never mind the competition ,just go race and have fun .

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The amatuer track is behind the National track. I hvae a bunch of friends that have raced it. I'll ask them what they think.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
dirtybkr, I was at unadilla last year and know basically what its like, and the type of track that is at my friends house it kind of like it, natural terrain(hilly) and fast.
RM_guy, thanks for asking your friends. I took a little peek at the amatuer track last year but not much.
And does anyone know how to get a district card? I need to get one from district 6, I think thats my area, so that they can verify my class or whatever.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, I'm sorry but I haven't been able to get a hold of any friends that have raced there but one friend has ridden it an says it's a real nice fast, wide natural terrain track. Don't get hung up on the competition. Just ride your own race and have fun.

You might want to check at a local shop about getting a district card. They can probably point you in the right direction.

sycobiker

Mar 12, 2004
The unadilla ameture track looks easy. I was there last year and it didnt look hard at all.
P.S. Just hit the 40 footer. The little kids making u look like a *****.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
What's goin on here is this deja-vu. These threads are the same as last year, ohh they are i'm lookin at the dates and they say 2003.
Whaasss happennin?
BTW I raced it last year and it's easy, but fast they got 2 mini screw u's a mini gravity cavity with some air on the side
a long rutty off camber after, 2 drop offs.
I'ts not a district race.There were allot of good riders there the competion was tough but FUN

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
rippinrol said:
What's goin on here is this deja-vu. These threads are the same as last year, ohh they are i'm lookin at the dates and they say 2003.
Whaasss happennin?
BTW I raced it last year and it's easy, but fast they got 2 mini screw u's a mini gravity cavity with some air on the side
a long rutty off camber after, 2 drop offs.
I'ts not a district race.There were allot of good riders there the competion was tough but FUN
:thumb: Fun is why we ride ! Unadilla is an awesome track and worth riding at least once. I plan on going out this year and giving it a go.Looking forward to seeing some fellow DRNer's!

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
I'll be there again Knobbie, hope to see you with the 525 and other fellow DRNr's.
Make your plans to leave thursday in the morning, you don't want to get there too late. Oh yeah there is a downloadable entry form which you can pre-enter and not have to worry about waiting in a long line to sign up..Check it out here

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
I'll be there.Will be bringing 250 though.Thanks for the info on pre registration, will use that for sure.....who knows how I'll wake up in the morning........ Are you palnning on going to Paragon May1st and 2nd rip?

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
I like to check that place out, I heard nothing but good times and good roost's. There is a district 34 race that weekend near home so I don't know what i'm gonna do. :think:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
I'm on for Dilla' Am Classic,... lets keep in touch and see if we can get a group of DRNers.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom