what bike is this, and is it worth it ?

tojjernoob

Jul 11, 2009
can anyone tell me what bike this is, my mate says it is a kx65, but thats all i know...and i dont know whether it is a 65 or a 60 or what year it is

(picture attached)

it has disc brakes front and rear so it cant be too old...

also, is it worth me buying it for £230 which is about $460 ?

it starts, but the crank bearings are on their way out...

also, can i buy new style plastics and seat for it ? because it looks REALLY old like that ... ? :bang:

Attachments

• DSC00307(1).JPG
    DSC00307(1).JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 346

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Look on the head of the frame it may have a tag and if not there should be a number that can be deciphered to tell what year it is wheich will then tell you 60 or 65. You could also look on the side of the cylinder and get the displacement.

Should you buy it? Sort of depends what your plans are and if you after able to do the work yourself or have to farm it out. I have no need for a bike like that and have enought projects so rebuilding it would be one more thing to mess with.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
That body style went out in the late 90s early 00s.

At any rate, it's probly not worth more than a grand in excellent condition.

JGrossijr

Dec 29, 2004
Definitely a 90's - 02 KX60. It would be worth $500 US in good condition, but not if it needs a crank. You'll be at least another $300 in to it then, and you'll probably find a few more things that need replacing once you've got it open. For $800 - $1000 you could find something a lot more current.

Top Bottom