MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm finally feeling good enough, that if I continue to get better I may take a small ride in this weekend. Have any west-siders been by Cedar Creek lately? It's probably a whooped sandy mess, but if anyone's been out there, I'd like to hear from them. Thanks!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Its been about a month since I have been out there. A coworker of mine was out there about 2 weeks ago and didn't have too much bad to say about it. In fact he enjoyed it.

If you are thinking of a ride this weekend let me know. I want to go to Big Air Saturday with my son. But Sunday I am wide open for an am ride. I understand that you may not be up to speed or even a full loop due to the illness's. But that is ok with me. So if you need a riding partner let me know.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Dan, thanks! I'll let you know. I was thinking of Sunday early-mid afternoon. I definately won't be doing a full loop, more like just getting my "feet wet" on small sections. I'll reply to this thread on Saturday on how it looks.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Mark,
I was there last Saturday.Trail was not bad, but still a bit dusty and whooped. It was a very low traffic day. I think the the north loop has the most whoops, and the southwest loop the least. One thing that seemed weird was, someone left a roll of roofing tar paper in the middle of the trail !!! (on the southeast loop I think) I hope to go back again later this fall, maybe I'll see you there...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I just betcha that roll of tar paper is from one of those crazy bow hunters... Maybe building an outhouse :) Now thats something that YZMAN can always use :rotfl:
It sure seems like that Cedar Creek sand would be REAL dry right now, we need some rain over here!! Of course, what do I know, they could have paved the dog gone thing with the amount of time I have been away from it :think:
GO GET EM MARK!!!!!!!

ENJOY THE :ride:
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Mark are you still thinking about riding CC Sunday, If so what time? Aaron & I can not make the CCC, vintage tour ride this weekend. Do to him having to march in the High School band competition on Saturday. I'd love to get out and have a quick ride Sunday. Later in the afternoon would be OK just not too late. Say 1 or 2 ish?

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Tailgate Lunch....

70 marlin said:
I'd love to get out and have a quick ride Sunday
I'm in no shape for a quick ride, but if anyone is interested in a loop before lunch, then that might make the long drive up there worth the trip for me.
I was thinking a loop before lunch, then a tailgate lunch (grill hotdogs??) and then maybe two loops after lunch. Can anyone get there at like 10:30am ??

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Marlin, sounds good. I plan on getting there between 1 and 2, so that works.

Don, you still in?

Tall1, a quick ride is in terms of time, not speed. I wish I could join you for lunch, but morning commitments at church keep me from getting there earlier. Hope to see you there anyway!

Guys, I'm fully planning on doing this, but my health is more unpredictable now than it was earlier this year. So, if I'm not there by 2, I'm most likely not coming. I "pre-apologize" for that if it happens.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea I am still game. That late in the afternoon means that I will have JR with me taging along. So Mark you will have someone to try to keep up with after all.... lol

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Tall1: I could do a 12 noon pre ride. But In need to sleep in a bit as this is my 20th straight day at work. Give me a call on my cell phone later today. 1-517-812-4676 if you don't see this till after noon
Mark: look for my old brown Aerostar van with a triple rail trailer. Or give me a call.
Woodsy: if you need some fresh reading material, stop by I should be at CC till at least 3:30pm or so.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Guys,
I talked to 70 marlin today and we are planing on the tailgate lunch in the 11:30 - 12:00 time frame. He said that he really wants Woodsy to stop by for a visit, so Woodsy please stop by if you can, I have hot dogs and chips for lunch. Mweissen and YZman, we will look forward to seeing a little later in the afternoon. See yall tomorrow...
:nener:

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Woodsy Rides Again..

I had a Great day at Cedar Creek. Woodsy showed up on a new old bike and looked real good. I'm not writing up a full report, but I will post a few more pictures later.....

Attachments

• WoodsyKX500.jpg
    WoodsyKX500.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Mark_Scott.jpg
    Mark_Scott.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 96

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Great photo's Gary! Thanks!

See Woodsy's situation thread for a great writeup on this ride. I'll throw my two-cents worth in here, but it won't top his imagination and description!

I arrived just before 1pm, and I could see Gary and YZMAN400 and son were already there. I DIDN'T see Woodsy until I backed up my truck into place. I quickly opened the door to give him a bear hug, and I was hit hard by this dead smell. I though "must be Woodsy got his brace off, but he can't take a bath yet". I hugged him anyway, and realized it wasn't him (thank God!). He pulled up his shirt and said "it's gone!!!". Great! By the way Woodsy, you've got a lot of moles on your belly....

He was released to ride, so we all chatted for awhile and waited for 70Marlin and Aaron, who we knew were on their way but weren't there yet. After awhile we began to get worried, and we kicked each other for not bringing his cell phone number with us to check on him. Brandon, after eating two hot dogs the combined weight of which probably equalled 10% of his total body weight, was itching to go, so we decided to go for awhile and come back to see if the Hussy boys made it.

It was really good to see Woodsy on his bike, he stood up and took it VERY easy - good man, ease into this! The trail was a real dust-bowl, but it was in pretty good shape for Cedar this time of year, ie not super-whooped out, just a little whooped out. I had messed with my Honda suspension before I came out. I realized that with the weight I lost my race sag was now only about 2-1/2 inches instead of 4" (no wonder it felt like I was riding a hardtail Harley last time I was out). That made a big difference in getting that back in line, and the whooped soaked up a lot better.

Gary led and I eased behind YZMAN and son for awhile to get my sea legs. I started feeling pretty good, so YZMAN politely let me by and I followed Gary. I'm still not in great shape, but it was nice to ride at least. Absolutely NO upper body strength......

Brandon got a little tired of the sand, so YZMAN and he turned around. Gary and I went on a little, then turned around.

By the time we got back, it looked like the start of a European Six Days in the lot. Two shiney blue and yellow Bergs were there with Marlin and Aaron all suited up. Gary fired up the grille and fed Aaron, and Marlin took off and put in a very fast loop. That Berg has been good to that boy, he can really move!

I took a ride on Aaron's bike. Boy, does that handle nice! However, when I chopped the throttle for the first turn, I almost went over the bars. There's a ton of engine braking on that bike! But overall it's a fabulous bike. Aaron obviously loves it, and I can see why!

We went for another loop on the south route. I started on the lead, feeling pretty good. However, that lasted only a couple miles, and my juice ran out like an old battery. I let everyone by and putzed along, still enjoying the fact that I can RIDE.

Getting back we endured the smell in the parking lot, realizing someone dumped a pile of fish on the edge of the lot. Is this someone's way of trying to discourage us riders from riding the trail? Who knows.

I sure wish ole' Woodsy would've worn an open face helmet because we could've really seen the permanent grin on his face. He was so stoked to be riding again. So I asked him "so, is riding better than sex". He thought for only a second, then said "Nah". Good man, Woodsy, good answer....:)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
It was great seeing ya all yesterday. Even though I was hobbled but the little Hobbit who couldn't I still had a great time seing Woodsy out there again. Even if it was only for a few miles.

So seeing as I didn't get nearly enough riding in yesterday I hooked up with Woodsy's Monday riders group and proceded to explore the milage on the CRF's tank. I fininally had to switch over to reserve at 80 mile mark today. Thank goodness that we were only 5 miles from the staging area at this point. 1st time I ever used reserve on that bike. So I had a 85 mile total for today. Not a bad way to spend a monday ay. Way better than working.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
More Pictures....

Great write up Mark.! Even though the parking lot smelled fishy, that new Honda of yours sure had a sweet smell to it. Must be some good bean oil your putting in it.
I have posted pictures from Sundays Cedar Creek ride at this Yahoo page.... :ohmy:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/classic66m/my_photos

Select the Cedar Creek album when you get there.

Gary

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Those are really nice photo's Gary. Thanks for making them available.

Woodsy looks natural next to the nice shiney KX500, doesn't he? I followed that thing for awhile (hint-it's not Woodsy's, it's the other guy in the picture). Talk about a dust making machine!!! Geez!!!! That looked really cool on the trail though, with the vintage garb the guy had on, including helmet and Hannah-style face guard. I felt like I had a flash-back to the early 80's there for awhile.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I got to ride Christy... I have never been on a two-smoke like that before. There was no "hit" yet it still allowed the rider to carry the front wheel over any stretch of whoops. If I was going to go back to the smoke, this would be the bike.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Gary - GREAT WRITE UP!! I dont now why or how but your pics even have a way of making yours truely look good :rotfl:
Excluding that smelly parkig lot it was an AWESOME day!!! It was great to see and ride with you guys again and THANKS for waiting up for me!!!
Gotta tell you brother, that KDX of yours is GORGEOUS - certainly flowing green blood in her viens!! Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of that other riders KX500 too! I almost started crying when I saw that one. If you didnt know it already, I REALLY miss Kadie (that TTR is just not me..).
Anyway, NICE JOB!! :worship:

Woodsy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom