OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Hey guys just looking for a couple local guys to go riding with and try and scope out a few new places to ride, they are drying up around here faster than a puddle in the desert.
We do some open practices in D-34 and races there also, gonna try some D-3 tracks this year. Hope to hear from some of you soon. Roost On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride:

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Hey guys just looking for a couple local guys to go riding with and try and scope out a few new places to ride, they are drying up around here faster than a puddle in the desert.
We do some open practices in D-34 and races there also, gonna try some D-3 tracks this year. Hope to hear from some of you soon. Roost On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride:

I ride up at North Country ATV land in Lake Desolation and at CATRA land. No MX stuff up there though. If you like offroad riding, these are two good places to Ride. :nod:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Hey knobbiethrower, I would like to try some trail riding sometime, maybe we will plan something this year. Do you have to join catra to ride or can you go as a guest. Let me know I like to get seat time. Thanks.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I'm from the Oneonta area, about a hour from Albany. I work up in Chatham, but I dont really see much in the way of riding around there. Where is NC ATV Land, and CATRA. Do you have any websites on them? I was thinking of headin down to Paragon sometime, but 3 hours is a bit of a trek.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
If either of you guys have some land or know of anyone that does that rides and needs a track, I'll build it for riding time. A fair offer, I have the tools but no land, the trade off for putting kids in a great school dist. lol. I will travel an hr from Latham to build it. There are about 10 of us here that ride.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
I can't help with finding land but It's a good idea :cool:

were you two able to find any info on CATRA? If not I would be happy to give you the rundown.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
KDXruss, all I found was an address, does catra have a website, any info would help, 47 years old and looking over my shoulder for cops whenever you ride is getting old. Been thrown out of everywhere around here. If I hit the lottery I'll buy some land and we can all ride and if the neighbors complain..... I guess i'll buy their house too. Let me know. Dave

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Dave, CATRA has no real website. There was a link on the NYSORV. web site but it's not there for some reason. It was just a scanned page of info. about the club.

CATRA is a club made up of hare scramble, enduro, Trials and basic trail riding folks. Families wecolme.

We have private land, 200ac + or - some. Easy, intermediate, and expert level trails. We host at least one NETRA hare scramble and a trials event. The land is located in the town of Providence near Sacandaga lake. We can have guests for a day to check it out, after that we ask that you join.

I would be happy to have you as my guest when the riding season starts up! Let me know.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I found the results from the catra hare scrambles on the net through a link with NETRA. Can you have a couple guys, my brother and a few others. We would all be up for it. Thanks.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Oh.... vet-c, no wasn't me, That is my class though.
Yeah bring them all! e-mail me when the snow melts at trailrider220@peoplepc

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I was talking to one of the guys I wanted to bring up there, he did a hare scramble there a couple years ago. Says he'll never race another one, can't understand whats wrong with you people, which makes me want to try one.......But he's up for some trail riding, lol.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
CATRA will allow one visit, then you must join. The club land is outside of Saratoga (west). NCATV land is near the same area. That club is a majority of ATV riders. Both are great areas to ride.

I sold my 450 exc this fall and just got a used 640 adventure that i'm planning to dual sport this year. I can be reached at 518 878 9568 if anyone wants to ride this year. If i'm not available, I ahve some other dirt riding junkie's I can hook you up with. :nod:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Hey Knobbie you ever ride the practice track at Pierce road in Clifton Park? How much is it to join catra? I am looking forward to meeting up with you guys and doing some riding. You are gona miss the trails I think, that 640 looks huge.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Been ridding that area since 1979. CATRA membership is about 160$ a year, but that is with a 100$ land use fee that gets waived if you do at least two work parties a year. Great group of people and good trails for the whole family.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Well Knobbie we are going to join. I was going to go to the meeting Thursday but I have to go to Boston on business. I guess we will join March meeting. Do you attend any meetings? You must live very close to Karneys if your in Ballston Lake. I work right around the corner. Well I'll catch up with you at some point. Thanks Alot.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Hello

Yes, I have been going to the meetings..missed this one though. We'll hook up some time, I'm sure. Nice Video, I didn't see any rocks/logs or water crossings.....hmmmm :cool:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
We keep a small dozer at that site to push that stuff off the track. I am looking forward to hitting those trails. We have been asking around and find out that quite a few people belong to CATRA and love it. Maybe we will meet at the March meeting. Dave

Top Bottom