KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
I'm up there just about every weekend during the season so you can't miss me. April 1st is my target first ride date.
I don't think you will find to much opposition to building a mx track. Keep in mind the soil type is very rocky and might prove difficult to build something people want to ride on. What's there right now is all loose rocks, no fun, crashed hard once, it hurt.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I noticed the soil there is very boney, but if we work on it I'm sure there will be someway to improve the soil. I noticed lots of logging going on, seems the area grows trees and rocks very well. Maybe I can sell the rocks to my boss for landscape projects. See ya soon, Dave. Watch the movie,I'm the guy with the beer, lol http://www.othgracing.com/Movie.wmv

Last edited:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Russ, April 1 is coming quick. Let me know if you are going riding, I have the itch. Thanks, Dave

No prob. I'll let you know!
I've had the itch since I stopped riding at the end of November :bang:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Any snow left Russ? I think you are closeby I am an hr away. Let me know
Wow! you really are ready to go! I'm not sure how much snow is left but it can't be much. I'm near Sloansville and there isn't much here.
You might consider taking this time to toughen up for catra by doing things like letting your friends beat you up with baseball bats, climbing up a step ladder and throwing yourself onto the ground, run up and down flights of stairs with your arms out to one side simulating pushing your bike up nasty catra hills :)

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Sloansville?? do you remember Chariot Park a motocross track in Dist 3 from the early 80's. Ah I fell down the stairs today, does that count? I just got back from Key West where I about drank myself into a coma, that may be good practice or I may just ride the womens stuff, lol.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Sloansville?? do you remember Chariot Park a motocross track in Dist 3 from the early 80's. Ah I fell down the stairs today, does that count? I just got back from Key West where I about drank myself into a coma, that may be good practice or I may just ride the womens stuff, lol.
Dave , the only thing I remember from the early 80's is elementary school. lol

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Sloansville?? do you remember Chariot Park a motocross track in Dist 3 from the early 80's....
I remeber that track but from the late 70's. Wasn't part of it on the flat track? I only raced there a couple of times. It was a 2 or 3 hour drive and I wasn't too impress with the track.

Since we're dating ourselves...has anyone raced on the SX track in the infiled of the Fulton County Speedwayin the late 70's? It's near Syracuse. That was a fun track that we raced on under the lights at night. Pretty cool for it's time!

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
RM_guy said:
I remeber that track but from the late 70's. Wasn't part of it on the flat track? I only raced there a couple of times. It was a 2 or 3 hour drive and I wasn't too impress with the track.

Since we're dating ourselves...has anyone raced on the SX track in the infiled of the Fulton County Speedwayin the late 70's? It's near Syracuse. That was a fun track that we raced on under the lights at night. Pretty cool for it's time!
Do you guys know where exactly this park used to be?
And did you mean the Fonda speedway?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
KDXruss said:
Do you guys know where exactly this park used to be?
And did you mean the Fonda speedway?
I really don't remember but it was in Fulton. There was an oval track for the cars and they built up a SX track in the infield. It was 30 years ago and I think memory is the first thing to go...but I don't remeber :laugh:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I was talking about this Sunday but the decision has been made. We are a going mx racing at Ace.
I know you are planning next week, but I gotta get on my bike. Started 1 kick this afternoon, I hope I am as ready as it is. I will keep in touch, maybe next weekend weather permitting.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Russ, where else do the catra guys go to chat about whos riding when? Any other websites you know of? Just curious.
New England dirt bikes, nedirtbikes.com is a good board for NETRA folks. Some moto, mostly off-road racing and trail riding.

Top Bottom