desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Hey All,

July is just around the corner so I thought I would see who is interested in doing the July 4th weekend KM trip again this year. I was thinking of going up the Saturday, June 28th and leaving on Sunday, July 6th or Monday, July 7th.

You can come up and join us for the whole week or just part of it.

Let me know who is up for it again.

Rex

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
I'm in.

That's if we can get ya past Grumpy Bear's. :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds good Rex. We were just talking about a KM ride last Sunday. :thumb:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I'm in. Not sure which days. I'll be at Lake tahoe until June 29. I'm going to try and get up there for at least three days.

Can't wait. Last year was a blast.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Im in, probably June 28,29,30

Originally posted by Ol'89r

That's if we can get ya past Grumpy Bear's. :laugh: :laugh:

Last time I was at Grumpy Bears was to use the radio-phone to see if the heli carying my freind landed at Kernville Hospital. :eek:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'm there. I love that place. :thumb:

Jimbokdx

Oct 22, 2002
I live in Ridgecrest, so I am sure I'll be in for at least part of the week... however, I heard that place had burned down.... am I wrong?? I have never been there..

Jimbo

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm in. I plan on coming up mid week hopefully the 2nd and coming back sunday. Family in tow. For those of you who haven't been, it's a great place to ride and a great place to bring your family to camp.

Fish creek campground has out house style facilities and well water. The kern river is not to far and there is a gnral store about 20min. away.

Here's a few pics of some of the trails.

Me:

Attachments

• km wr in creek 7-02 100 k copy.jpg
    km wr in creek 7-02 100 k copy.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
rex

Attachments

• km rex jamming trail 7-02.jpg
    km rex jamming trail 7-02.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 317

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Tree brought his Big A$$ motorhome with a trailer on the back last year. The problem may be finding a spot to park that MONSTER.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
Can I get my 36ft 5th wheel up there? Better question - will it be worth towing out of there if I get it in?

Brian

Brian,

The trip will definatly be worth it if you like beautiful and endless mountain trails, challeging goat trails, and some good campfire company. At Fish Creek they recomend 25ft and under I believe. However the overflow rigth next to it is wide open and like Rex said there were some monsters up there last lear. If you come up from the 395 the road is steep and narrow, however its usually pretty deserted. You climb from the desert floor(110 degrees) to about 8000ft (80 degrees) in about 45minutes. in a non-towing truck. If you tow vehicle is set up to handle your trailer you shoud be fine if you take it easy. If your truck is overloaded we it's your call.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Yea, I brought my big rig up there last year. A 32 ft motor home towing a 20ft trailer. this year I have a smaller trailer or maybe by then I'll buy a truck to tow behind the motorhome with the bikes in the back. It is very slow going up the road off the 395 but not really a problem and the camping spaces seemed pretty large but you should get there early so that you have a choice of the bigger ones. It is a great place to ride you won't regret it. :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'll be there for some riding as well, not sure how many days though.;)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
I'll be there for some riding as well, not sure how many days though.;)

Now, I have to go.... Consider me a definite maybe. Depends on where I'm living/working - LA or Santa Rosa - at the time.

Brian

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
If you are down here, we can caravan up there. Like I said, I'm not sure how long I can stay for but I'd like to do an overnighter if possible. Driving 3 hours and coming back the same day might be tough.

Tee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I'll be there... Hopefully with the family in tow this year.
Let's get the same camp sites as last year. Taking over that end of the campground worked out well.

What's that about a fire??

T

Top Bottom