Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Cool, Terry and I are trying to go on Sat. morning and ride for the day. Thanks for the coordinates!

It appears that is the program I will be on as well......

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
My wife, Kids and I will still be heading up on Wed. and staying through Sunday. We'll have my blue van w custom tent trailer (basically a tent trailer on a larger double axle trailer) I'll have a few DRN signs. See you there. :thumb:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It doesn't look like were're going to make it. The wife has hand surgery (carpal tunnel) scheduled for the 2nd, so I think I'm out unless they change the date. If she's feeling ok maybe I could make it for a night or so but I rather doubt it. :ugg: My best bet may be to go someplace local for a half day run.

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Does anyone know if I'll have a good chance at a site for my 24' TT, if I can't make it up until sometime Thursday night or early Friday?

I have some issues to work out with my son in summer school. Hopefully things will line up and we'll be able to make it.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Joker: Im heading up that way Wednesday and can try to save you a spot after I unhook the truck. Either way, the overflow is right across the highway and has plenty of spots if that doesnt pan out.

Let me know.
Rich

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
WooHoo! Looks like I'm in. :yeehaw: We'll probably be heading up Wednesday.

Is there a convenient place to fill up the freshwater somewhere near the camp or on the way?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Joker,

There is a fresh water hose hook up at fish creek last year it worked fine. Troy has one also, Some questioned drinking from it but I've had no problems. Other than that, there is a general store about 20 min. before you hit fish creek or a gas station at the bottom of hill off the 395. There are a few other places on the way up but I've never stopped there.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
OK, I am in.

Ill be heading up early Thursday morning. Scar & Bodoc, what time do you think I should try to be there to make a AM ride with you guys?

Ill ride thursday and friday and head home friday night.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I'm showing up Saturday Morning. Leaving Sunday.

Elk and 89'r, what time you guys showing up? I'll do my best to slow you guys down on a ride that morning.

Greg

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Amanda & I will be up on Fri morning, leaving Sunday.

Yeeeeehawww!!!!!!

Kiwi, if your still around can u post the directions from Mojave again?

C'ya fellers on the 4th!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by oldandslo
[B
Elk and 89'r, what time you guys showing up? [/B]

ARRRRGGGG! :ugg: :( Looks like were not gonna make it Greg. Elk has motor school up in Sac and I have some visitors coming by this weekend.

I was really looking forward to this one. :|

You guys have fun and don't burn the place down. :thumb:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Directions -

Take the 395 from OC or 14 from LA.

Pass where the 14 joins the 395 and soon you'll see Pearsonville and then a gas station on the right - get gas here if you haven't already.

A few miles further on you'll see the sign post to Kennedy Meadows (there are 2 of them so if you miss them both, you're pretty dumb). Turn left and head up to Kennedy Meadows.

Drive up 9 Mile Canyon and follow the road through the meadows until you see Grumpy Bears bar and restaurant on the left - stop and have a beer (I will be!).

Continue on to the store where you will turn left towards Blackrock Station - DON'T GO ON TO KENNEDY MEADOWS CAMPGROUND!!!!!

Fish Creek is about 10 miles and will be on your left. We'll be trying to reserve the first few and also the last few sites so we can have the "corner" of the camp ground.

I'll be up late tonight or early tomorrow.

Elk and 89r - I'm very disappointed that you guys can't make it. We'll have to go again soon.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Sorry to hear so many not making it, some real fine guys to ride with.

I might be able to make it; the 5+ hour drive has me on the fence. But if I do, I'll be there ~noon Friday; want to go to Monache Meadow via Jackass Trail, then do some spurs (Albanita, upper Beach and Little Horse) on the way back. Saturday moring I'd like to do a loop around Bonita Meadow (via Mahogany, and lower Beach) then call it a day.

I'll be breaking in a new top and bottom end, so my target pace would be moderate (no fast going).

Who's game?

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Placelast, I'm in for a Saturday morning ride. What time do you want to start? Your moderate pace would be my fast pace. I'll just try and follow the dust.

89'r and Elk, To bad you can't make it.

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
Hi! We went to Kennedy Meadows this last weekend over the forth and saw a DRN sign in Fish Creek campground. I am new to this forum just wondering who you all were! I stoped by a few times and I think you all were out riding. I was the Mom riding the YZ125 threw the campground with my little guys in tow with their bikes all decorated making a little 4th of July parade. First time we had been there what a beautiful place.We had a blast! Laurie

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Laurie,

I liked your parade. Next time stop in. we head up there several times a year and almost always on the forth. Check in on the so cal wrecking crew forum often as theres a ride about every week somewhere. If you ever interested some of us do enduros with the TWMC club about once a month. They are family oriented and have kids events often. You can freee ride around the area if you don't officailly want to enter. Most of the rides posted are always open to anyone. If you have questions about skill level needed etc. just ask in the forum.

Tim

blips269

Apr 8, 2003
Laurie, just wanted to say hi. I spoke with you and your husband on Sunday up there and you guy's were walking by as we were leaving. I was the one who's father is a member of the Riviera country club and your husband worked for Callaway golf, am I right? Anyway take care and it was a pleasure talking with you guy's. Bye Brian

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
I would love to come out with the family to one of the TWMC events my daughter is a awesome little trail rider would love to see her get involved. It seems like a great time with the family. Thanks, Tim for the reply. I'll be checking the forum for trips planned. Laurie

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
Hi! Brian, We have been talking about Hollister sense we spoke with you guys. Glad we stopped and talked. We want to plan a trip up there in the fall. Take care and maybe will see you guys out riding again! Laurie

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
Thanks for the info. on TWMC Thumbs. We will be looking to join you guys when the weather cools off a bit! I ride a 2 stroke YZ125. Will I be able to race that thing enduro style? I would love to give it a try! Anyways, Thanks again Laurie

Top Bottom