KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Hey Russ, you gonna come do MX with us? Knobbie, I sent you an email about riding on Friday. I got your email from an earlier post. Let me know. I don't know if we can let someone as young as you are come with us. Dave
Yeah I'd like to! Gimme details! Where? What kind of track is it?

CR125ROB

Dec 11, 2006
No not yet. I just got my son a PW80 3 weeks ago and since then he's been tearing up my lawn. I need to get him out there on a track. Where is motown? In the spring I was thinking about joining CATRA. What do think about CATRA? I grew up riding trails and enjoy itb but I wouldn't mind trying a track. :ride:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Mototown is in CT. no place to start. I know of another place just for little 4 strokes. I'll check in with my friend amd see if its OK for you to bring the little guy.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
CR125ROB said:
No not yet. I just got my son a PW80 3 weeks ago and since then he's been tearing up my lawn. I need to get him out there on a track. Where is motown? In the spring I was thinking about joining CATRA. What do think about CATRA? I grew up riding trails and enjoy itb but I wouldn't mind trying a track. :ride:
There's plenty of good trail riding at CATRAland. We have a couple of loops for the little guys (nice, flat and easy). And lots of "challenging" trail for the big boys (not so flat and easy).

CR125ROB

Dec 11, 2006
Thanks he would love that... Just to let you know the PW80 is a 2 stroke (not very loud) so I don't know if that matters? As far as CATRALand I think I will be joining next year, can't wait to get back on the bike. I stopped riding about 6 years ago but since I got my son this bike and watched him race around the house the itch has returned with a vengeance.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
CR125ROB said:
Thanks he would love that... Just to let you know the PW80 is a 2 stroke (not very loud) so I don't know if that matters? As far as CATRALand I think I will be joining next year, can't wait to get back on the bike. I stopped riding about 6 years ago but since I got my son this bike and watched him race around the house the itch has returned with a vengeance.
That's great that your thinking of joining us! Any member can ride whatever kind of bike they want, dosen't matter. I see lots of kids riding PW's up there!
I'm still taking advantage of the mild weather and riding at catra this weekend! Latest season ever for me :cool:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Any of you girly-men up for riding the Snow Run Enduro this Sunday?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Russ - Luck was not on my side, but I had a lot of fun (which is what counts). Crashed three times. The last was spectacular... or at least that's what Bob said. Pulled a pectoral muscle and slammed my hip into a rock. Also brainfarted and burned a check by two minutes. Ended up 6th in B-Heavy. My worst enduro finish since the 2004 Speedsville (mud run) Enduro. Get a plate for that KDX and come ride some enduros this year.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
WoodsRider said:
Russ - Luck was not on my side, but I had a lot of fun (which is what counts). Crashed three times. The last was spectacular... or at least that's what Bob said. Pulled a pectoral muscle and slammed my hip into a rock. Also brainfarted and burned a check by two minutes. Ended up 6th in B-Heavy. My worst enduro finish since the 2004 Speedsville (mud run) Enduro. Get a plate for that KDX and come ride some enduros this year.
Oh well, crashing and hurting yourself is still more fun than sitting at home right? How were the conditions? Any other catra members ride?
All the talk about enduros on the other board has peaked my interest in them so I'm going to step up the effort to get registered. I'd like to try one that's closer to home so I'll have less of a drive for what will certainly be a short day :)
Heal up! Russ

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
KDXruss said:
Oh well, crashing and hurting yourself is still more fun than sitting at home right? How were the conditions? Any other catra members ride?
All the talk about enduros on the other board has peaked my interest in them so I'm going to step up the effort to get registered. I'd like to try one that's closer to home so I'll have less of a drive for what will certainly be a short day :)
Heal up! Russ

I'll join you as an enduro newbie!!

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Well at least the couch is warm. I'm preparing to go riding for 48 hrs straight. Too bad its in a loader with a 14 ft push plow. See ya after the storm. Dave.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Well at least the couch is warm. I'm preparing to go riding for 48 hrs straight. Too bad its in a loader with a 14 ft push plow. See ya after the storm. Dave.
Yup, me too. About time for some snow don't you think?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
KDXruss said:
Heal up! Russ

Bob Y., Len H. and I went over together. Bob got 2nd in SS and Len had about as much luck as me.

The nearest NETRA Enduro is the Rocktoberfast near Lee, MA. Last year was the first year of this enduro. I worked it, so I have no clue as to how difficult it is. A lot of C-riders houred-out before the last check. The next nearest is the Mudslinger, near Sandisfield, MA. It's not known as being C-rider friendly. I've ridden it 2 or 3 times and have yet to finish within my hour. Some of the easier NETRA Enduros are the CT Ramblers enduros (Snow Run, Fun Fun Fun and the Black & Blue), the Little Rhody and (new to NETRA this year) Speedsville (NY). Of course the weather plays a big part in how easy or difficult an enduro is.

I'm also heading down to the Sandy Lane Enduro (ECEA) in Jersey on 3/18.

Top Bottom