KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
RRRRRRRUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS where ya been Bud?????
Hey Dave , good to hear from ya! I've been working as usual, riding at catra, and I raced the Grassy knoll hare scramble a couple weeks back in Somers, CT. That was fun, Check it out, they have more dirt than rocks :) nice change from catra!
So are we riding or what?

tommytoons69

Sep 9, 2006
hi im Tom i live in Little Falls ,Herkermer county.there is a town past poland called barneveld were a guy owns some property and a bunch of guys carved a track out the last time i was there the town was building a road alongside it thow to away my staightaway bah but ill find out if its still cool to ride his property will update soon :ride: :cool: :bang:

tommytoons69

Sep 9, 2006
tommytoons69 said:
hi im Tom i live in Little Falls ,Herkermer county.there is a town past poland called barneveld were a guy owns some property and a bunch of guys carved a track out the last time i was there the town was building a road alongside it thow to away my staightaway bah but ill find out if its still cool to ride his property will update soon :ride: :cool: :bang:
i could use some tips to just starting out im 33 little latein the game but its a blast :laugh:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Russ, lets plan something. I want to do another work party so we ride on the cheap next year. I did some trail riding with a guy from Galway, we went all over hells half acre up there and din't hit any rocky stuff for hours. Did 30 miles that day and talked more than rode. We are gonna do that again, maybe you can hook up with us for that ride. If not, I will do catra 1 more time. We have been doing the MX stuff quite a bit, open practice and 1 race, we can talk about that over a beer. I will see you some time soon. Dave.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Russ, lets plan something. I want to do another work party so we ride on the cheap next year. I did some trail riding with a guy from Galway, we went all over hells half acre up there and din't hit any rocky stuff for hours. Did 30 miles that day and talked more than rode. We are gonna do that again, maybe you can hook up with us for that ride. If not, I will do catra 1 more time. We have been doing the MX stuff quite a bit, open practice and 1 race, we can talk about that over a beer. I will see you some time soon. Dave.
Cool!, Still got plenty of riding time left in this season. I need some work credit as well. Prob gonna do a work party and work the trials event in Oct.
I ride sometimes in Galway with old friends from school. They are quad idiots though, more interested in drinking than riding hard.
Let me know when you have plans and we'll hook up.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
You know Russ the catra guys are gonna bash us for discussing rocks, lol. Open practice on Sunday at Hickory Hill if you want to test your mx skills, and laugh at mine.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
You know Russ the catra guys are gonna bash us for discussing rocks, lol.

CATRA Rocky?

Should've ridden the Rocky Mountain (all off-road) Enduro in Alton, NH last Sunday. Parts of that course made CATRA look like a paved freeway.

Lost my silencer around mile 13 and rode another 45 miles without it. Houred-out at the last check. Picked up hardware for 2nd place in B-Heavy.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Nice job Woodsy, haven't checked in much here lately. Been doing some MX at Eagle Bridge and open practices. When I get that new rekluse for the 450 I'll be up. Anybody want a KTM 300 XC? Mike is selling his, he went for the YZ450F.

reckone

Oct 19, 2006
Hows it going guys? I am somewhat new to this site and have been wondering if anyone knew a MX track or trails close to Albany. I would like to get my girlfriend into riding, but have no clue to any where to ride. Ushally I ride to local trails, but they have pretty much disapeared these days.

M

MEANDMYSON

New Rider

Hi, Me and my son are looking for a club or somewhere to ride. We live in Clifton Park and will travel and hour or so to ride. My son is a new rider and has a PW80 and is not looking to race but have somewhere wide open to learn and maybe do some trail riding.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
CATRA is a club nearby that would suit your needs. I live in Clifton Park as well.

Woodsrider here is the club president (current) and will surely chime in soon.

Here is a link with some info on CATRA : http://www.nysorva.org/catra/

If you'd like, give me a call- 877-0725 (Steve)

Welcome!!!!! :cool:

M

MEANDMYSON

Sounds great..Just what I'm looking for. Does the Dirtbikes need to be registered or insured? Do you still hold meetings in the winter? being a snowmobile and dirtbike lover I'm torn between good weather and snow.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Hey Steve I was tying to get a hold of you but I see you chimed in here ;)
I want to get lights for my xcw, too many trees at night in the woods :).. If you wouldn't mind can you give me the run down on the stuff.
Where is Willy woods I tried e-mailing him at work but no response..

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
MEANDMYSON said:
Sounds great..Just what I'm looking for. Does the Dirtbikes need to be registered or insured? Do you still hold meetings in the winter? being a snowmobile and dirtbike lover I'm torn between good weather and snow.

No bikes do not need to be registered or insured, but of course we all should.
General meetings are held the first Thursday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in the upstairs meeting room of Carney's Restaurant, located at 17 Main St. (Rt. 146A) in Ballston Lake. If, due to schedule conflicts, you cannot attend a general meeting, you may join at a club event.

:yeehaw:

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
rippinrol said:
Hey Steve I was tying to get a hold of you but I see you chimed in here ;)
I want to get lights for my xcw, too many trees at night in the woods :).. If you wouldn't mind can you give me the run down on the stuff.
Where is Willy woods I tried e-mailing him at work but no response..

What's up Roland.Another forum that I belong to always has the stuff F/S. Since you have the XC-W you shouldn't need a voltage regulator. Do you want the stock stuff or aftermarket? Sicass racing, Enduro Engineering have pre made kits for $$$. But I'd suggest cruising through the "other" forum for people selling their stuff, you can save $$.

I see Woodsy every day but we both have our heads down plowing through ----- at work. My work email is Steve.Morgan@trans.ge.com, drop me a line.

;)

Last edited:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
No Knobbie, he hasn't sold it. He has it in the want ad digest for 4500.00. Thats a bargain if you know anyone who wants it, let me know. I don't know if we are going to join again. You can tell our heart is on the track, although we are so slow. haha If there were any way to import a few thousand yards of soil and build a track I'm sure we would be more involved. But rocks, limbs and single track just don't hold all that much appeal for us. I really thought we would ride there more often. Oh well, I think you are a great bunch of guys even if you do ride that crazy stuff. Have a great Holiday Season. Talk to you soon. Maybe I'll ask for ice screws for Christmas. Or a nice KTM300, oh sorry , just dreaming out loud.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
No Knobbie, he hasn't sold it. He has it in the want ad digest for 4500.00. Thats a bargain if you know anyone who wants it, let me know. I don't know if we are going to join again. You can tell our heart is on the track, although we are so slow. haha If there were any way to import a few thousand yards of soil and build a track I'm sure we would be more involved. But rocks, limbs and single track just don't hold all that much appeal for us. I really thought we would ride there more often. Oh well, I think you are a great bunch of guys even if you do ride that crazy stuff. Have a great Holiday Season. Talk to you soon. Maybe I'll ask for ice screws for Christmas. Or a nice KTM300, oh sorry , just dreaming out loud.

I'll pass the word around about the 300.
I completely understand your comments about CATRA. I belong to NCATV, which in my opinion has better trails to offer. I am a coverted MX'er and have been doing so since 93, but would love to hook up with some other folks (my age) and ride some MX again. Just let me know next season and I'll be there. Have a great Holiday season yourself.Hopefully I'll get to roost with you next year! :cool:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
knobbiethrower said:
I'll pass the word around about the 300.
I completely understand your comments about CATRA. I belong to NCATV, which in my opinion has better trails to offer. I am a coverted MX'er and have been doing so since 93, but would love to hook up with some other folks (my age) and ride some MX again. Just let me know next season and I'll be there. Have a great Holiday season yourself.Hopefully I'll get to roost with you next year! :cool:
Knobbie, Do you know if CATRA is still doing the joint membership with NCATV?

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
KDXruss said:
Knobbie, Do you know if CATRA is still doing the joint membership with NCATV?
As far as I know it hasn't gone through yet. I think I remember something about concerns with people getting registered & insured.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Hey Russ, you gonna come do MX with us? Knobbie, I sent you an email about riding on Friday. I got your email from an earlier post. Let me know. I don't know if we can let someone as young as you are come with us. Dave

Top Bottom