RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Knobbie! What's up? Are you and Steve going to make it down to Paragon in June? I've almost given up on Woodsrider. His skirt is too short now. :)

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
RM_guy said:
Hey Knobbie! What's up? Are you and Steve going to make it down to Paragon in June? I've almost given up on Woodsrider. His skirt is too short now. :)

It has been a long time, Knobbie= is Steve. Rohnman and I have been riding most of the NETRA turkey runs for most of the past two seasons. I don't think we'll be able to make it in Jun too much stuff going on for me (My girls in soccer...honey do lists..) We do plan on riding Paragon later in the season- say Aug/Sept timeframe. Just had knee surgery about a month ago, haven't even rode my new scoot yet, maybe next weekend. Roost on !! :aj:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I thought you were getting a 650 knobbie. My brother is hot for a 450 KTM. I think its too big for catra, what do you think. I would get a 300, I see you already made that choice.Maybe after the knee is a little better and I dial in my KX we can ride together. I rode with Russ last weekend, he was our personal tourguide, lol.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
No riding today Russ, bike all over garage floor. I'm trying to make it a better woods bike while keeping some mx qualities, could be an exercise in futility, Dave.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
I thought you were getting a 650 knobbie. My brother is hot for a 450 KTM. I think its too big for catra, what do you think. I would get a 300, I see you already made that choice.Maybe after the knee is a little better and I dial in my KX we can ride together. I rode with Russ last weekend, he was our personal tourguide, lol.

I did have a 640 for awhile, was planning on riding it for the summer and turning it around late summer/ early fall, It sold 2hrs after advertizing it!

450 is a great choice for all around trail riding.If I was racing, I'd agree that it would be overkill for CATRA. I've been mainly riding 4st for six years now and wanted to switch back, mainly due to the bike's weight and to be able to own a 2st before we can't buy them anymore..

You can dial the KX in with suspension and gearing changes and it will work OK in the woods. Going Orange would be a much better choice though! :p

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
No riding today Russ, bike all over garage floor. I'm trying to make it a better woods bike while keeping some mx qualities, could be an exercise in futility, Dave.
Yeah, I was gonna put some hot laps early this morning but It started raining before I could get ready.I'll Prolly do some PM on the Kawasucki this weekend.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
knobbiethrower said:
It has been a long time, Knobbie= is Steve. Rohnman and I have been riding most of the NETRA turkey runs for most of the past two seasons. I don't think we'll be able to make it in Jun too much stuff going on for me (My girls in soccer...honey do lists..) We do plan on riding Paragon later in the season- say Aug/Sept timeframe. Just had knee surgery about a month ago, haven't even rode my new scoot yet, maybe next weekend. Roost on !! :aj:
Yeah it sure has been a long time...and my memory is working just like it always has :yikes: I think I was thinking of Flubie...or maybe one of your personalities...who knows!! :bang: :coocoo:

I hope the knee is OK. Aug/Sept sounds good. Maybe you can get Bill to come down too. Take care.

B

bakes

I might have some land for you guys, I have alot of land and we are currently trying to build a track (a small track...my friend and I both recently got Trail bikes...I got a TT-R230 and he got a CRF230F.)

Ill have to ask my dad, he wouldnt care cept for the liability thing if we build jumps and someone gets hurt on it. If we could find a way around that Im sure we could start building it.

btw...I live in brunswick, which is just outside of Troy.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Let me know bakes, I'm in Latham and we could get on it quickly, as for the liabilty, We would sign a waiver to put your dads mind at ease. We are all over 40 years old and are looking for a place to ride. Keep it in mind. I also have relatives in Brunswick with an active dairy farm, so riding there is out of the question. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Dave.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Russ, fly wheel weight will be on, new gnarly pipe and rejetted. I hope this is what she needs, maybe Sat. if it stops raining. Dave
Sweet!, That should help. Gnarly woods? Both Sat and Sun look pretty good.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Boy it's gonna get hot in here! :laugh:
This post is on Woodsrider's behalf.
Roost on!
Roland

Hey RM_gay, nice to see you still enjoy bustin' on me when I'm not around to defend myself. Lets see, between 3 kids under the age of 5, wife in grad school, work and being president of a motorcycle club, that doesn't leave much free time to talk smack on DRN these days. Besides, I'll let my riding do my talking for me. Speaking of which, when is your wife going to let you have your pair so you can come up and ride with us? I've invited you up here no less than a dozen times over the last five years and you always have some excuse that starts off with: "I would, but my wife..." Who's the skirt-wearin' Sally now? I know you're really afraid of rocks and hills aren't you?

Have I got a deal for you then. The CATRA PeeWee Scramble is Saturday May 6th. The PeeWee track has very little elevation change and only a few rocks and roots. I'm sure you could enter and maybe beat one or two of the kids riding those little 50's. The cost is $20, plus you'll need to be an AMA and a NETRA member. Memberships will be available at sign-up. Sign-up opens at 10:00 and the first race gets underway at 12:00, so you don't have to get up too early. Being that it's on Saturday that would give you a whole day to recover before you limp into the office on Monday morning bragging to all your coworkers about your finishers ribbon. You can tell them it's for first place and they'll never know the difference... provided you actually finish. Of course we'll let you camp out Saturday night. I'm sure dirtybkr has room in his tent. I just don't want to hear any stories about Brokeback CATRA the next day.

Then on Sunday, May 7th, you can watch the CATRA Hare Scramble. Sign-up opens at 7:00 for the Mini and Big Wheel classes, race starts at 9:00. Sign-up for Juniors, Novices (C), Super Senior and Womens classes starts at 9:00, race starts at 11:00. Sign-up for AA, Expert (A) and Amateur (B) classes starts at 11:00, race starts at 1:00. All racers must have a NETRA transponder along with current AMA and NETRA (or other recognized district) membership. Once again memberships will be available at sign-up. You nust also be a member of a NETRA competition club if you want NETRA points. Cost is $25 for the 9:00 race and $35 for the 11:00 and 1:00 race. There's also a $5 parking donation which includes one raffle ticket for a free set of riding gear courtesy of Parts Unlimited and Ballston Cycle and Truck in Ballston Lake, NY. Although I'm not sure you can trade it in for a new skirt and that set of pumps you've had your eye on for a while.

More information can be found here: http://www.nysorva.org/catra/CATRA_HS2006.pdf

This shameless plug and slam on RM_gay brought to you courtesy of the one and only WoodsRider who has been absent from this forum far too long, but with good reason.

Bill aka WoodsRider

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Woodsfag said:
Hey RM_gay, nice to see you still enjoy bustin' on me when I'm not around to defend myself. Lets see, between 3 kids under the age of 5, wife in grad school, work and being president of a motorcycle club, that doesn't leave much free time to talk smack on DRN these days. Besides, I'll let my riding do my talking for me.
He means, "let my crashing do my talking for me". I don't remeber a time that Billy Boy didn't crash hard anytime I ever rode with him. I guess he's just trying to catch up with me... :laugh:
Speaking of which, when is your wife going to let you have your pair so you can come up and ride with us? I've invited you up here no less than a dozen times over the last five years and you always have some excuse that starts off with: "I would, but my wife..." Who's the skirt-wearin' Sally now? I know you're really afraid of rocks and hills aren't you?
Hills and stones can break my bones but that don't mean I'm scared of 'em :| It's your gay ways that make me nervous. This fasination with me in a skirt is down right weird. If I remember correctly you were the one actually wearing purple shorts, I only wear a skirt in your dreams :nener:

Have I got a deal for you then. The CATRA PeeWee Scramble is Saturday May 6th. The PeeWee track has very little elevation change and only a few rocks and roots. I'm sure you could enter and maybe beat one or two of the kids riding those little 50's. The cost is $20, plus you'll need to be an AMA and a NETRA member. Memberships will be available at sign-up. Sign-up opens at 10:00 and the first race gets underway at 12:00, so you don't have to get up too early. Being that it's on Saturday that would give you a whole day to recover before you limp into the office on Monday morning bragging to all your coworkers about your finishers ribbon. You can tell them it's for first place and they'll never know the difference... provided you actually finish. Of course we'll let you camp out Saturday night. I'm sure dirtybkr has room in his tent. I just don't want to hear any stories about Brokeback CATRA the next day.

Then on Sunday, May 7th, you can watch the CATRA Hare Scramble. Sign-up opens at 7:00 for the Mini and Big Wheel classes, race starts at 9:00. Sign-up for Juniors, Novices (C), Super Senior and Womens classes starts at 9:00, race starts at 11:00. Sign-up for AA, Expert (A) and Amateur (B) classes starts at 11:00, race starts at 1:00. All racers must have a NETRA transponder along with current AMA and NETRA (or other recognized district) membership. Once again memberships will be available at sign-up. You nust also be a member of a NETRA competition club if you want NETRA points. Cost is $25 for the 9:00 race and $35 for the 11:00 and 1:00 race. There's also a $5 parking donation which includes one raffle ticket for a free set of riding gear courtesy of Parts Unlimited and Ballston Cycle and Truck in Ballston Lake, NY. Although I'm not sure you can trade it in for a new skirt and that set of pumps you've had your eye on for a while.

More information can be found here: http://www.nysorva.org/catra/CATRA_HS2006.pdf.
"I would, but my wife..."
This shameless plug and slam on RM_gay brought to you courtesy of the one and only WoodsRider who has been absent from this forum far too long, but with good reason.

Bill aka WoodsRider
Shameless, completey shameless :moon: :laugh:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
RM_gay - I seem to remember it was YOU who crashed your brains out the last time we rode at Paragon together. Or did YOU hit your head hard enough to forget that part. Better get a new helmet man.

I also seem to remember it was YOU crying for help when YOU got stuck on that hillclimb the first time we rode together at Paragon. That's why it's called Howe Hill.

Speaking of hills does the Scottish Trials at the Ridge Runners property bring back any memories... the one YOU couldn't make it up. Did you even make it one lap of the hare scramble loop?

You've gotten senile in your old age. Better trade that RM in for a walker. :nener:

You know if you rode half as good as you talk smack you might actually have a chance of passing me one day... :moon:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OK, OK, OK...I give up. You are the supreme rider of all time. I worship you. You can do no wrong. If not for you I would have no one to look up to.

Please stop hurting my feelings. I am but a fragile old man and my ego is easily brusied. You can never understand because you are twice the man I am. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Pick a date this summer and I'll come up and ride. Of course I will have to clear it with my master but I'll make it up for a day. I really don't want to hear you complain about the same things over and over again so I'll give you some new stuff to use :laugh: :laugh:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Let's see.....Woodsy wants to dominate RM guy, RM guy submits. Can't you two see your in love with each other! :fft:
For a minute I thought we were going to see the both of you on Friday night sissy fights. :nener:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
RM_guy said:
Pick a date this summer and I'll come up and ride. Of course I will have to clear it with my master but I'll make it up for a day. I really don't want to hear you complain about the same things over and over again so I'll give you some new stuff to use

:blah:

Who's complaining? I was merely stating FACTS.

If and when your master does give you permission I'll be sure to bring a camera to document the crash... er... occasion. :laugh:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'll be up at CATRAland Sunday helping to set the race course up and do some riding. If you're interested in seeing more of what CATRAland has to offer look for the blue GasGas with the trials tire on the back.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I am torn between riding and doing yard work and getting that over for the spring. I need an hr to get the bike together, maybe see ya Sunday. I am going to work the race, I think, See you at the meeting.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
I want to wish you the best of luck in your first harescramle Russ, I'm sure you will do well. I am going to work the race if the weather is a little lousey. I may go to a motocross race at our favorite track if its going to be nice, not sure yet. I won't be up this morning, still on the yard work thing. Have a good practice and be safe. Let me know what the track is like.

Top Bottom