scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
you have to remember it takes a long time for messages to get to Rhode Island.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Matt (Mafols) suggested the April 21 to 24 dates. Seems like a good date because it's BEFORE the Mountain State ATV Jamboree...Lord knows how the trails will be after those 4-wheel diesel pigs destroy 'em.

I'm still waiting for one of our southern brothers (or sisters) to confirm that they'll be going. DO YOU HEAR ME GOMER!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
pk holds tin-can (w/ optional string attached ) to his ear and listens for words to come from the magic can. . . all the while scanning the horizon for smoke signals from the south/west
april 21-24 it is then. :)

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
Sounds like a good set of dates in April for me, and it will be cool to finally put a face to names. Is everyone thinking of tenting it at one of the large camp sites, cabins or what? Just wondering if I have to bring my jammies to sleep in or if my boxers are ok.....jus kidding!
I'll try to keep the schedule clear.
Stan

trailhouse

Feb 8, 2003
CaptainObvious,

The jamboree is being held at the WaterWays Trail. That trail is approximately 60 miles from the Browning Fork Trail. The traffic on all trails--except the Waterways Trail-- should not be increased a whole lot.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
RM_guy said:
Man, I really wish i could make this :( 11 hours is too far for me.

You must drive as slow as you ride cause its only 624 miles and 9.5 hours if your my Grandma. :moon:

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Maybe he's going to ride his dirtbike down the interstate median the whole way. Who hasn't passed time in the car imagining they were on a dirtbike riding along the highway?

Anyway, one word of warning. When you turn from the interstate onto your first backroad in WV, don't think you are "almost there" or "ahead of schedule". You have at least 1.5 to 2 hrs to go to get to Man / Gilbert area. Especially if you are towing a long trailer. :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
That backroad cant be any worse than the backroad leading to the campsite at Paragon. ;) Oh, and some of us have road a dirtbike down the interstate. It runs through our property so i figure i'm allowed to use it. :)

Woods_Biker

Feb 22, 2005
I'm interested in going on this ride. I was there last fall for trailfest and it was great. Lots of rocks but I loved it. I'm in Richmond, VA so it''s only about 5 hours for me. What dates are you DRN guys going to be there?

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
April 21-24. The Michigan group will be there in March. That might be a cold and wet trip.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im in :yeehaw: . The 28th is my B day, what better way to welcome the big 31!!! :aj: !! I can bivwack wherever, I have an air mattress I inflate in the back of the van after I unload my bike. Only way to go! I can squeeze aonother bike if any-Nancy errr anybody needs a ride from up my way. But you gots to bring your own tent :nener: :rotfl: .

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I made (email) contact with Twin Hollows campground yesterday. They have room for us on the weekend we have proposed. The camping rates are as follows:
• Add $3.00 for 50 amp

All camping rates are for 2 adults and 2-3 children 15 years and under accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.

Additional people: $5.00 per night, with a maximum of 4 adults per site.

2 vehicles per site (2 vehicles or 1 vehicle with 1 trailer, off site parking available)

Maximum camping unit: 1 RV or 1 travel trailer; or 1 large tent; or 2 small tents
Visitors Pass: $2.00
Group Day Pass: (call for special rates)
Day parking to ride the trail: $10.00

They also have (very nice) heated cabins for $99 per night.

Lets get a head count together so I can tell them who and what are coming for the weekend. I want to get this on their calendar so there aren’t any surprises.

Here’s the roll call as I see it…

Me (bringing 1 other adult and 3 kid riders)
TreeJumper
Mafols (group – staying at trailhouse’s cabin)
Trigger1911
Sick 96 250
ApexLocator
Luke Rips
WaltCMoto (+1)
Scooter1130
James (+?)
Papakeith (+3)
DaveRS575
CRguyStan
Woods-Biker
JasonJ
NRB (+1)

That’s about 25 campers/riders. Lets update this list so I can get it to Twin Hollows.

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'm looking to share a site with someone to split the cost. There's me and one vehicle (no trailer).

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I want one site with water and electric That'll take care of me and mine. TJ, you're welcome on our site if they'll allow it

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Looks like they only allow 4 adults so yours would be full. Plus i would need my truck so i can setup my truck tent in it. I want a water and electric site too as that would make life alot easier. That way I can bring the electric blanket incase its cold. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
That's if the mrs. goes. She won't. and if Dave's mrs. goes. She won't if Paula doesn't
I'll know for sure Monday

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Chuck,

The other adult rider in my group might bring his wife. If that happens I'l be glad to hook-up (pun intended) with you.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Our group is staying @ The Trailhouse...so far we have two ladies(lovely...I might add) that will be coming, riding quads.The folks at the Trailhouse would be able to arrange a guide for quad riders if interested...I am considering this for one day so that my wife can get familiar with the trails and have a good time without worrying about getting lost( they don't usually try to follow the bike riders). If any of the other lovely ladies are interested in tagging along...whether on 2 wheels or four...let me know so that I can set up something ahead of time. It could be on Fri. or Sat. doesn't matter.The guide would offer a very reasonable rate and the more people to split it between, the better. The Trailhouse can be accessed from the campground in a few minutes via the Browning Fork Trail.

Matt

NRB

May 4, 2003
I guess I need to jump in now, I will be coming down too. And I will have another rider with me, not sure where will be staying, I hope at the camp ground if they have a cabin avaliable that weekend if not somewhere close by.

Top Bottom