KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Alright boys, My weekend is full of work and inlaw visitation so my only shot at riding catra is 1:30 ish Sunday.
What are you guys doing?

TC450MX

May 19, 2006
I`m from South Colonie

OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Hey guys just looking for a couple local guys to go riding with and try and scope out a few new places to ride, they are drying up around here faster than a puddle in the desert.
We do some open practices in D-34 and races there also, gonna try some D-3 tracks this year. Hope to hear from some of you soon. Roost On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride:

I`m also looking for people to ride with , eagle bridge is about 45 minutes away with a supercross track a hare scramble in the woods and a few other tracks, I have founs a few more as well that aren`t that far , own pick up truck so transport of bikes is cake. get back to this thread asap and we`ll exchange some info. :cool:

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Hey TC450 Eagle Bridge is not for me any more. We all belong to CATRA a place to ride some woods up in Providence NY. Wea re always looking for some places closer to home in the Albany area. If you know of some or want to go to CATRA, let us know.

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Yes Russ, new stuff works well on the little mx track where I have been riding and the 1 woods ride I did. I am looking forward to getting up to Catra for another day if it stops raining. I would like to get up there tomorrow, I am not going to Claverack with a 50% chance of rain.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Yes Russ, new stuff works well on the little mx track where I have been riding and the 1 woods ride I did. I am looking forward to getting up to Catra for another day if it stops raining. I would like to get up there tomorrow, I am not going to Claverack with a 50% chance of rain.
Dave, I got your message. Sorry no call back, but I've been sick with a cold the past few days and very busy with wet lawns. If I feel up to it I'll be there after 1:00.
Do you think it's safe to ride on Nyquil? I figure if I don't fall asleep I'll be good :ohmy:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
TC450MX said:
I`m also looking for people to ride with , eagle bridge is about 45 minutes away with a supercross track a hare scramble in the woods and a few other tracks, I have founs a few more as well that aren`t that far , own pick up truck so transport of bikes is cake. get back to this thread asap and we`ll exchange some info. :cool:

Another CATRA member here... I'm not only a member, I'm also the President. I don't live far from you (Consaul Rd. & St. David's Ln.) and do most of my riding at CATRAland, because it's legal. Also compete in NETRA enduros, some hare scrambles and occasionally ride a turkey run. A friend of mine has a 2.5 mile enduro practice track in Duanesburg, where I've ridden, that's mostly flat with a lot of tight turns in the trees and a nice grass track. It's not very technical, no rocks or hills.

I'm going to be riding Thursdays after work, so if you're up for a mid-week ride, let me know.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'll be there riding 2-up with my son.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Kinda have to be.

TC450MX

May 19, 2006
member here... I'm not only a member, I'm also the President. I don't live far from you (Consaul Rd. & St. David's Ln.) and do most of my riding at CATRAland, because it's legal. Also compete in NETRA enduros, some hare scrambles and occasionally ride a turkey run. A friend of mine has a 2.5 mile enduro practice track in Duanesburg, where I've ridden, that's mostly flat with a lot of tight turns in the trees and a nice grass track. It's not very technical, no rocks or hills.

I'm going to be riding Thursdays after work, s
o if you're up for a mid-week ride, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I would love to.. I`m a general contractor with my own business so I can basically ride whenever is good for you...
I love motocross and supercross but would love to try enduro etc.. (518) 275-0814 phone ask for me , Sean , wish this rain would stop , wish someone would build a motocross track close by..aha... oh well... I wonder how much land by the acre goes for around here , eastgreenbush etc.. somewhere in the country parts... hmmmm... anybody know?I`m gonna look into that with a real estate agent and see.. someones got to do it :ride: depending how much and the laws and all that good stuff.. Ive been talking about it lately with friends and my buddys does escavating..but don`t give your hopes up guys this could be way more money than I have for right now... but I will start looking into it :cool: it is a dream of mine and I`m chasing it down , could take a year or 2

OTHG MIKE

Oct 26, 2004
I wonder how much land by the acre goes for around here , eastgreenbush etc..
There was 90 acres in Grafton in the paper today for 90 grand.
We'll be going to Twister Valley Tuesday night if your interested.

Mike

TC450MX

May 19, 2006
OTHG MIKE said:
There was 90 acres in Grafton in the paper today for 90 grand.
We'll be going to Twister Valley Tuesday night if your interested.

Mike

hey mike , i think I know you... were you at twister valley last tuesday during that crazy lightning storm(white honda truck)? I met you at eagle bridge? if you are I`m the guy with the new husky, unfortunately I won`t have my license back till september 9th , dwi last september , quit drinking though , usually have to have someone drive my dodge ram up for me(pay them 50 bucks), been tuff with business to.. but I`ve worked thru it and have been real busy , but yes, I`m definately up to going to twister valley , I`ve been lucky enough to have a friend with tuesdays off but he got a new job so I`m not sure where I stand as of now. Well if you know anybody that has room for 1 more bike and person let me know, been looking at purchasing a cargo trailer but i got another dirtbike I`m looking into getting after I finish this window and siding job(2006 crf250r) husky is awsome but beating me up a bit , need to order new rear spring , I don`t weigh enough to get 4 inches of sag.. had to order new front sprocket as well 1 tooth less just to tame the animal..aha.. still breaking it in and getting use to it...getting more daring as well... geez.. these toys are expensive hey let me know

OTHG MIKE

Oct 26, 2004
Ya Sean, that was me. I really like that track. It was pretty hard pack that night but it must be real nice after they groom it. I'm not too big on jumping but I did a few of the smaller doubles. I'll have to work up to the bigger ones. You'll have to find a new chauffer. I have a two bike trailer but I have to pick up my brother on the way. He couldn't make it last week. If anyone else is going I'll see if they can work something out with you.
need to order new rear spring , I don`t weigh enough to get 4 inches of sag
Did you back the spring off? I had to get a heavier spring for my bike this week too. I'm waiting for the front springs. They should be here next week.
Hope you can make it.
Mike

TC450MX

May 19, 2006
OTHG MIKE said:
Ya Sean, that was me. I really like that track. It was pretty hard pack that night but it must be real nice after they groom it. I'm not too big on jumping but I did a few of the smaller doubles. I'll have to work up to the bigger ones. You'll have to find a new chauffer. I have a two bike trailer but I have to pick up my brother on the way. He couldn't make it last week. If anyone else is going I'll see if they can work something out with you.

Did you back the spring off? I had to get a heavier spring for my bike this week too. I'm waiting for the front springs. They should be here next week.
Hope you can make it.
Mike

Yeah I backed the spring off untill it came loose , still no cigar... have good news though.... Just bought a 2006 kx250f and got hotwheels graffix , pro taper fat bars... ordering athena big bore kit and new pipe , and boyeson water pump.... this bike rips and is super light , runs pretty hot though , bigger piston should help cool it with high flow water pump , drained radiators and mixed it 70 water 30 coolant , water has better cooling properties than coolant , seemed to do the trick.. well if I can find a ride today.. I`ll be up there on my kawasaki for the first time.. I have a feeling this bike is gonna fly alot easier than the husky..(keeping husky for friends to ride when we go up there) just pray they don`r wreck it..ahaha.. yeah , but the husky is alot stronger and way more powerful... its to bad its so heavy cause its a superior bike by far.. oh well , when I get better I`m positive I`m gonna be on that 450... but for now the animal will be garaged on a stand with a cover over it. Well everyone thinks I`m nuttz , Gonna save up money for land and see what happens. So probably in a year or 2 I will have enough saved if business keeps going this good as god as truly blessed me , and I am grateful... welp.. hopefully I`ll be up there tonight because I really want to try out this new bike really bad. And address any problems and get it tuned properly(susension etc)... So I will say I`ll be up there and keep it positive and it shalll happen.. alright buddy I`m ramblin on here :blah: , gotta get ready for work , take care

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
OTHG_DAVE_858 said:
Russ, where are you? All work and no play. Grass growing like crazy. We are crazy busy. :bang:
Yeah, it's wicked crazy. Holy crap!!
I rode at catra last Sun. all by myself for like four hours. Had a blast :) I'm going back this Saturday for the annual Fathers day ride with my old man. You should get your brother and come up Saturday, screw work!!!! :p

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
LOL, just a few more weeks of insanity then it should slow down around Thanksgiving, just in time to gear up for snowplowing. Seasonal business my ass.

Top Bottom