JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hey just got a call for CRFguy, they (he and Steve) stayed the night and are riding RAC @ 10 AM (Burma Road) Sunday. Andrew, if your up it should be a great day! I'm bummed but I am taking the week off to heal up my calf. I should be good to go next week. I think I could ride Sunday but I am taking the safe road with the severe bruise. I would love to get out over the 4th weekend though. Andrew I know I said I would ride and help tune your bike so I want to get together to work with you on that and have some fun. Maybe do a good 2 day ride/ camp at RAC or 8B's.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
missed a good ride

You guys missed a good ride this weekend. Darrell, Brad, John, Steve and I went exploring down from the fire tower headed West and found some really sweet single track that looked like it hadn't been ridden for a while. We need to go re-visit that area again for sure. What I love the most about RAC is that just when you think you know an area it shows you even more awesome stuff.
At one point Brad thought he was running an Enduro when I dropped my bike at the top of a climb and he just rode right over me. He tends to follow way too close so he can stay on someones line. We need to start bringing the video cameras with us again I would have liked to have had that one for the Insurance company. :nener:

Looking forward to next weekend! Anyone thinking of taking off Friday to ride? I might be able to swing that. The only nice hotel in the area I have found is the Holiday Express in Frackville which is a little pricy at 125.00 a night plus tax 135.05 total.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday looks good weather wise

I'm planning on a 10am start and would like to be back at the truck by no later then 3-4 to beat the traffic home. Chime in if your coming. Andrew what's your excuse this week? John was out till 3 and still rode. Brad said he went through half a bottle of Scotch with a friend and he rode. Must be an age thing, ha? :nener:

simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
Where do I sign up? Sounds like a cool crew you guys have here, wouldn't mind joining up. I'm from central jersey, currently in the process of getting a pickup truck so I can get my bike(s) around.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
haha, I stayed up in Jersey and didn't make it back down til about noon and wasn't going to try to hunt you guys down, lol. Sunday I was in Dewey Beach drinking my face off, which was a blast. So are you talking Friday or Saturday? I work Thursday night til 8am, but I can figure something out to be there at 10... and Saturday I'm game too.

simmeth - start with getting a RAC permit - http://www.readinganthracite.com/access-permits/

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday.....

Just to clear it up
That would be a 10am start time Saturday morning. Steve says "Bring your A game he's not waiting for the rest of us any more"

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I talked to a guy at work and he is going Friday too, so I should be there then, but I think they have a mix of bikes and 4-wheelers, so maybe it'll be a good day for me to explore and actually have time to see and learn some of the trails, haha. See ya Saturday.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
simmeth said:
Where do I sign up? Sounds like a cool crew you guys have here, wouldn't mind joining up. I'm from central jersey, currently in the process of getting a pickup truck so I can get my bike(s) around.

Sorry I missed this post Simmeth. Yeah procure your RAC Permit and get your but up to Pottsville . BTW, Might I suggest a CAV instead of a Pickup truck. Mine has worked out wonderful for many years.

BTW, I am having a cook / camp out here Friday night so I'm going to try to ride Sunday if anyone is game.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Friday's ride

Weather turned out to be great, nice and cool. Got to love that this time of year with all the gear on! Small group just Steve, Brad. Andew and I. Steve and Brad were jockeying all day for the lead, it was cool to see them being competitive with each other and I was bringing up the rear and helping Andew try and pick up the pace and give him some pointers that I think may have helped. He could use a bike with a button so that he doesn't get so worn out from kicking that that thing when it won't cooperate. Have to give him credit by the end of the day he was really on his game and even asked for more rocks. Can you imagine that? I said what rocks, we have rocks in PA?
What's going on with the rest of you guys? Anyone out riding? Dust off the bikes and let's get together!

Gordon

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great glad to here it. Hey just remember Andrew is the kid and needs the workout of kicking the bike! Did you get to ride his bike at all? I know he asked me at the end of our last ride up there and I had already taken my gear off. Maybe a few clicks in the right direction can help him out as well.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Had a good day Friday, after a rocky start... maybe it was the new boots that took some getting used to, who knows. And a push button would be pretty damn nice, maybe I'll look into a new bike sometime soon here now that I know I'm enjoying this new found habit of mine.
hit 8 Bees today with my uncle and cousin... no single track, just did some exploring and playing... J- We got the same runaround about no day riders, but since we're on the "good list" we were good to go... we had to go up to the junk yard office to talk to Carmella, guess she was busy or didn't feel like coming down, so the lady at the house told us to go up there. We met Neal Bonner while we were packing up and he said he'd make sure we were on the list and tell Carmella that we were good guys, so I guess we can keep going there for a while too.

simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
Just got my pickup truck on the road yesterday. Unfortunately I am broke as a joke now :bang:

Anyway, do you guys ride any other places than Anthracite? Pottsville is about 3 hours from me, while I would like to make it out there to ride with you guys, it may be a little bit hard for me. I need to get some gear as well and the money situation is tight. Also their office hours directly conflict with my work schedule :bang: Don't think I could ever make it out there to get a permit. How late into the season do you guys usually ride there also, considering its about the second week into July.

Definitely keep me posted if there are other areas and the dates and times.

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
Hello. I rode with you guys the other week and Jason told me to watch the forum. I was riding the ktm 525. I missed three weeks ago because we had to bury a friend that didnt beat cancer and the week after I had a poker run for autism that I rode. Last week I rode RAC saturday and sunday and I didn't see anybody parking along the road with bikes at 10. Anyways, I take it this saturday at 10 am correct? I should be able to make that.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Derrick, right?
We usually park up on the upper part of the lot and head out onto the trails at 10am. I probably won't be there for the next couple Saturdays, but Gordon will post on here usually tonight or Friday and say whether or not that group is going.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hi Rage, sorry to here about your bud. Sucks to plant a good man, what else can you say. It was great meeting and riding with you the other week, come on out with us on Sunday!
Anyway, we are looking to do an A ride on Sunday. Ready to Ride @ 10.
This is an A ride since we have some real fast guys showing up who need to wait on ME so that's some fast guys :yikes: . We are going to be doing some race training on mostly single track with little or no stops.

Anyone who wants to rock a B ride chime in and get it set up. I don't think Ill be up for it later in the day since It's likely I'll have gotten my butt kicked for at least 5 hours :( . I need a few weeks to get back in shape!
Jason

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sunday's ride

Hey Guys
Like Jason said this week's ride will be an "A" only ride since we're going to have a pretty fast pace set and guys that really won't want to wait for slower riders. If you have to question yourself if you're an A rider in our group then you probably don't belong on this ride. We will be looking toward the more challenging stuff and exploring the unknown trying to ride mostly single track from the Enduros that are run out there that I know of. Anyway stay safe and have fun out there. Derrick join us at 10am Berma rd you'll have a good time. By the way we were there last week ready to ride at 10am as usual don't know how you missed us if you were there I always park in the same spot. :cool:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Rage

I think your problem may have been looking for us at 10am. We meet ready to ride by 10am. That's out of the parking lot at 10am if you were there by 10:05 you missed us. But you should have seen my truck and trailer and the cute Blonde one of the guys left reading the paper all day sitting there in her car. I was trying to think of ways to stay behind with her :nener: but no one was buying it.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ok ok

you got me on that one but you'll still pay for it :p when I get you out there again....We were there Friday he's right, sorry I don't usually get a day off around here so I'm confused when it happens.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
53fireman said:
we were there on Friday last week.... it's ok, old age = poor memory :nener:

BAAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh. ohhhhh....... BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :nener:

"I dont know how you could have missed us, perhaps you were in the wrong time zone or did not set your watch to DST in April, blah blah"

Too funny.

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
Hey guys. I only really rode with you guys once so I am not sure what you guys consider A rider to be but I will come out and give it a shot. The more I ride single track the more I like it. Looking forward to Sunday. I'll make sure I get there by 930. Thanks

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I know I'm not keeping up with that, lol, but I'll be somewhere Sunday, probably Nesquehoning or 8 Bees... unless I can find another novice to ride RAC with. Have fun fellas.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Great riding with everyone

Really enjoyed the ride today and hope everyone had as good a time as I did. We covered about 30 miles at what I would call a good pace for a group of 10 with little or no waiting from the front to the back of the pack. It looked a little dicey first thing this morning but once everyone loosened up it was sweet. The afternoon group did another 15 miles for a total of 45. I can only see us getting faster and covering more distance as we get better riding together. See you guys next week.
Hey the Hancock dual sport is Aug 8 & 9 I'll be shooting for the 8th and you're all welcome to join. It's one of the nicest rides of the summer.

Top Bottom