CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Andew call Jason and Derek I think they both want to ride. If you don't have their numbers call me and I'll give them to you. Enjoy and be safe

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
I can't make it either now. Had an unexpected visit from some out of area family. I was loaded up and everything but I don't get to see them to often. Hopefully next week will be good weather.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ok right now it's looking more like just Sunday based on weather but let's see what they say tomorrow. I think it will be Steve, Brad, Darrel, Randy, me, who else is coming? Andrew? Derek? Buddy? Dror? Jason?

Last edited:

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Nah I'm out, I'll be up in Brandonville on my buddy's club's trail ride. If something happens with that, I'll be down.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sunday's ride

Wow! what else can you say about the weather on a day mid Nov? It was supposed to be a lager group but there were a couple of no shows without even a call to let us know you weren't coming. (Shame on you guys) We did wait till 10 even though we were all ready to go earlier but still no calls so off we went. Group was Jason, Dror, Buddy, Steve and me. It was an awesome day with a great group of riders that held a very fast pace with almost no breaks, except the one that the water commission guy came along and told us we were trespassing. Imagine that, dirtbikers trespassing. I doubt that ever happens! Anyway he was nice and we didn't really know we were on their property so we left. We covered just over 40 miles total (single track) and by the end of the day everyone knew they were out on a tough ride. Steve couldn't stop his thighs from cramping up on the way home and was in some serious pain for a while. I had my moment with a tree that my bike thought it could plow down but belive me the tree won. Jason was fighting a broken steering stabilizer. Dror had his moment in a rock garden that I thought was going to be a diaster but happily he got right back up on his feet and shook it off.
All in all a great day with wonderful riding buddies and I couldn't think of a better way to spend such a glorious day. :cool:

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Sounds like a great ride. I spent this beautiful weekend in my house fighting a cold. I've read a couple stories about the water guys, but I'm glad he was cool. Next weekend doesn't look too shabby, so maybe I can squeeze a last ride in before winter really hits. Off topic, but I'm looking at a 2008 Yamaha WR250f, anyone have any good or bad thoughts on them?

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
Sorry for the no call. Had an emergency at work and didn't get it fixed till 4 in the morning and I left my phone there. Took me most of the day till I realized where it might be. Why can't machinery just not break down you know. HaHa

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah great ride last week. Man was I whooped from riding single track all day with my hero switch on the fritz. Can't go wrong with a WR 250 Blue bike. Nice light bike with E start. Very agile in the single track, not as much bottom end grunt as the bigger bikes so a bit more shifting up and down unless your geared just right. Most guys say you have to wind it up and ride it like a 125 2 stroke.
Im just getting over a little cold so I am taking it easy this weekend. Gotta see if I can get that GPR back working right too. My tires have had it as well, having a hard time keeping the back end in line on the throttle.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturdays ride

Great weather but with all the leaves down it was a little tricky finding your way around out there. Turned out to be just Steve and I and I must say he has truly upped his skills and speed. I didn't have to wait for him at all in fact he held my pace real well unless I really tried to dust him but if I just rode a comfortable pace he was right there with me all day. There was one off camber moment that I thought I might have lost him to the hill but he managed to get himself and the bike back on the trail and plugging along. Id say it's time to start letting him lead the way for a change. Total ride was just over 40 miles of single track in about 4 hours.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
"Man was I whooped from riding single track all day"

"Man was I whooped from riding single track all day "
Jason you might have been the only one really whooped after that ride. Steve spent about an hour going at the walmart hill and wanted to keep going. I know what it was. You were the only one riding hard that day, or maybe it's just your age catching up to you. Let me know how you make out with the GPR. Somewhere I have the name of the guy I delt with there if you need it.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year and hope to see everyone real soon! Steve and I ride all winter long in south Jersey as long as the temps are in the 40's. If you're interested all you need is street legal plates and insurance.

Top Bottom