CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Looking like another warm weekend

If the forcast holds out for us, I will try for another two day weekend out there. Will know better by Friday but right now Saturday looks like the day. Who's in? Jason get that bike ready!

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm out, I'll be in Harrisburg all weekend for a training class... oh well. Hopefully bringing the bike up to WER tomorrow morning (if I get some rest tonight at work and can clean it up in the AM quick enough). Enjoy, looks like another good weekend.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Locked and loaded. Took a while to fire up the old van but she is running. Test road the bike for about 1/2 hour in the hard stuff here and it's riding well. Did some suspension tuning so we will see how it works. 11 AM ready to ride!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great ride! Great day. Had a hard time getting there, the van battery was stone dead and needed to be jumped in the AM and after the ride (thanks Brad and GT) I had to work the rust off and work with the clickers a bit on the WR, more work needs to be done there to go faster but the big blue bike ran great all day for being the oldest, most heavy out there on tight single track. CRF guy looks like he got the KTM dialed in quite well and it was hard to keep the stinky smoke in sight but as I got my legs back I was able to stay in contact. I was very surprised to find I could not real him in on a very nasty rock section where I can normally make up time on the lighter bikes if not pass on a mistake. The SOB is sitting down and ripping over rocks where I am working my but off to rock hop. By the end of the day I was able to crank my pace up. I wanted to take it easy and stay strong for the whole ride and I did. Brad rode great, I was shocked to find him on my wheel when I was busting my butt to stay on the smoke trail, and Steve was never far back. I should expect as much for the amount of riding those guys do compared to me but I like a very good challenge when I ride so that rocked. I love the mild weather we are having and it's my favorite time to ride so I was nice and comfortable where it looks like GT's bike may be a bit faster than he is at the moment ;-). What's with all this stopping and taking a break?
Oh I managed to pass GT a few times and was able to treat him to some stink mud brunch for calling me early like 8 times. I was also able to show Steve how to park a dirt bike with no tree or kickstand by sinking the back wheel of the new KTM in some of the same stink mud in like 100 feet of my first test ride on it. Sucks because I really was looking forward to running that big rock section on it but just could not get used to the clutch and light weight fast enough. My bike would have just bull dozed that line but is sunk the back tire of the little 300 in short order.
so great ride. I spent all day today cutting, splitting, stacking, and hauling fire wood so now I'm whooped but I need to get back in shape.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
"All the stopping and taking breaks" I'm pretty sure your refering to when I'm so far ahead of you that I have time to take off my helmet goggles and have the bike resting up against a tree when you finally show up. It's ok I understand you love old blue. I love the new rocket ship, except for that funny blue smoke all the time. You should have been out Sunday with Buddy, Dror, Steve and I. Poor Steve all the way in the back behind all the two smokers. I thing he got high off all the fumes that day. It was a great weekend of weather good friends and awesome riding. Starting to look like another weekend of warm enough weather is in store for us this one too. You up for it?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday and Sunday 11/26-11/27

Right now it looks like Steve, Brad and I for this weekend. Anyone else interested? Steve and I will be out there for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday ready to ride at 11am and Sunday ready to ride at 10am but I will circle back and get you if I know your coming so let me know.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Doesn't look like I'm making it. Got involved with fixing a water leak at my house and now replacing some wood behind it, then gotta put the siding back up... If I get done by 11, I'll head up and leave you a voicemail to see where we can meet up at 1. Enjoy the weather!

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Wow what a great weekend

Saturday was great with Brad, Steve, and I riding in 60 degree weather at the end of Nov. doesn't get much better than that. Brad is getting way faster on that little 250 with a big bore cylinder kit. I can feel him on my back tire most of the time unless I really try to pull away from him and even then he's not far off and has a way of catching right back up if I ease up just a little. It's getting to be fun with just a little friendly competitiveness. Still trying to convince Steve to buy a lighter more nimble bike for out there and maybe even try to raise his suspension a little more toward full height.

Sunday was a surprise visit by Jason who joined Steve and I for a while till old Blue decided to let him down. Steve and I had to go back to the truck to get him a quart of oil. I led Steve back to the truck got some tools and he decided that he knew the way back to Jason so I let him try and take me there. I'm sure most of you know how that worked out....At one point I just sat and waited at the top of an intersection after he went through thinking he would get the hint and turn around but he was a man on a mission even if it was the wrong way. I had to chase him down and turn him around. What amazed me was that even when I had him back under the power lines he was unsure which way to go. Like I always say....If you ask him for directions just go the opposite way and you'll be sure to get there.. After riding Jason back to the truck Steve and I checked out some new stuff that I think the rest of you will enjoy although it might have to wait till next year as winter will be here soon, I think.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Cold front coming in

Not looking good for the weekend out there. I will probably be headed down to south Jersey if it gets as cold as they say at RAC. Will let you kow by Fri but if you want to join in down there you need a plate and insurance on your Street legal dirtbike. :) No one really checks but you need it just in case.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Had an awesome ride yesterday with Matt and 2 of his buddies from Jersey who didn't know what rocks were. It was in the high 40's and perfect riding weather. We did 36 miles from 901 pub all the way down into Tower City... Good mix of 2 tracker and single track. My new suspension is a night and day difference, good stuff. I don't think I'm gonna ride Saturday because of hunters out in the woods, but I'm in for Sunday, looks like 50 and cloudy.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
With a low of 19 for tonight and a high of 38 for tomorrow. You're on your own! Good luck and have fun! Too cold for these old bones this weekend and I suspect for the rest of the winter out there. Keep an eye on the temps for Chatsworth, NJ and if their saying in the high 40's that's about my bottom numbers but we do get plenty of days like that down there.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Monday the 26th

I'm going to be riding South Jersey tomorrow anyone interested call me. You need to be plated and Ins.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ride report

Not much of one since that great new Husky of Brad's only ran for about 15 minuets and we had to load up and head home. Seems so far everyone is right about those pesky Huskies. And just think they say KTM's are tempermental. This thing doesn't even make it into the woods. Really hope he gets the bugs worked out and has a chance to enjoy it since he's convinced it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Not sure which day yet

Will be riding this weekend if anyone is interested. NOt sure which day yet but leaning toward Sunday in South Jersey. Right now it's Steve, Brad and I

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
A couple of us are heading to RAC on Saturday, not sure of a time yet. I work Sunday, otherwise I'd love to check out the pine barrens. I'm off the first 3 full weekends in January, so keep posting here when you're going.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
The Party is now going to be at Jeep Dave's house in Oakridge, NJ for a ride in Suxxex county. Still need to be plated and ins to join us

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
50 degrees in South Jersey

Hard to believe but right now it's 12 here in Summit and this weekend it will be 50 down south. Will keep an eye on it and post later in the week but I'm thinking Saturday

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Mike Always room for 1 more buddy. I do try to stay with mostly single track but down in South Jersey it's nothing technical but very fast swooping kind of stuff. You'll love it! No rocks down there at all unless you bring them with you.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm down for checking it out down there. Will probably bring my dual sport bike to try it out, but it's bone stock so I might not keep up well.

Top Bottom