CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I thought about it but don't have enough seat time on the new bike yet or even have it dialed in. The other reason is the one i gave up on enduros.. They always run them on Sunday and I have to run my business bright and early Monday morning. Much easier to ride Saturday's for me. Have a good time if you ride it and be safe!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
No sorry to hear that! I thought things were better already and you were back in the saddle again. How is that knee doing and what are you doing for it? Well at least you can go and help out

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Hell no, I'm itching to ride, why do you think I haven't been out?
6 weeks just to heal, now I just started PT to regain strength in the quad. Hopefully another couple weeks til I'm back to work, but might start riding sooner.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I must have missed something... Did you have surgery? I thought you were just going to wait and let it heal on it's own. What type of surgery?

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
No surgery, but the stuff that holds everything together around the knee cap stretched and tore, and it needed 6 weeks to heal. No ligament, meniscus, or tendon tears though so no surgery. Been seeing an ortho doc who used to be the US ski team Dr for like 15 years, and he seems pretty good.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
3rd ride new suspension

OK this bike just keeps amazing me. This is the 3rd ride on her and the first with th new Matto's suspension. I can tell you that if any of you are even thinking about getting suspension work done he certainly knows what he's doing! I had already done everything I could with the clickers on the stock suspension and the bike was still way too stiff and not very forgiving in the rocks. The first ride out after Bud had worked his magic I was in heaven and later in the day after dialing it in I new I was going to enjoy this bike for many years to come. I only hope that I can grow into 25% of what's it's capable of. Right now i still feel like I'm riding behind the bike cause it's just so damm fast and handles so quick and percise. Oh yeah Dror showed up with one yesterday and I think Brad will buy one before long and you know Buddy will have to buy one just cause Dror has one. Looks like Bud will be busy doing suspension work.

Looking forward to next week

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I think that Jason's new transport vehicle will be very holly for him if he comes and gets it today. It's an old church van lettered up for the church, perfect for a guy like Jason! But he needs to come get it today since I'm giving it to him for less than I can get for scrap weight today or it's going to the scales. I can't believe what scrap is going for these days!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
It usually takes me a while to name a ride but this one looks like it will be called the holey Roller. It's got some rust and holes but the body is in better shape than my beloved Rotten Black papa (potato). I'll have to put some mags on it and find a way to give it some swagger. Taking the church lettering off the sides might be a good start. I got some looks at the lights rolling though Allentown in a rusty church van with a FZR 600 in the back and a load of BMW tires, buy hey, the chicks always check me out no matter what I'm driving. It will be hard taking my Rotten Papa to the scrap yard but I gotta do it. Still runs like a champ for a $500 truck I have had for 10 years! Gotta love a Ford V-8. Wish I could get all my stickers off of it. Paddle faster I hear banjo music is a WV classic!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
This weekend

Just checked weather and I want to ride just not sure what day just yet. Will check back in tomorror and let everyone know. I would like to ride Sat. but the weather might be better on Sun.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Now that's funny! He should do it! ANyway the weather isn't looking very good for the weekend will check again later in the day to see if anything is going to change. I might still take a ride out there just to get the new bike back from Bud. There are still a few things I would like to trick out myself.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Getting a late start....

I'm just about to leave the shop here in Summit and should be out at Bud's by 11:00 riding by 12 if anyone is interested.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Another great ride on the new bike! This time it was only Dave and I and we covered plenty on old stuff and new. The new suspension is awesome! I think all of you need to start saving your pennies for a lightweight Two Stroke

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Yeah I know It's not unlike me to be behind the times. Thing is I catch up quick and usually pass on by......... This thing really is a sweet ride!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
In all your posts, i dont think you ever mentioned what you got. We can assume its a KTM, but which one? And I am already saving my pennies for a new bike in the spring.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey Dan
I have the 2012 KTM 300 XCW and it's a rocket ship with incredible handling. You should come out and join us one of these weekends.

Oh yeah if you want one of these monsters you better get on the list somewhere. They are making very limited quanities to keep the price up from what I here and they are very slow coming into the country.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I had thought about the 300, but decided i'm just gonna stick with a new 200. I dont race, and I just enjoy being on the trails, so the 200 is plenty for me and my riding style. I'm keeping the jack piner, probably just gonna retire the bike and clean it up, and selling the atk when I get the new bike.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Jack Piner?? If I remember right that's an oldie something like 97-98 KTM model right? Did they bring back the name or I'm I thinking about the wrong bike?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
no, I still have my 97, ride it almost every weekend, and still runs like a champ. It was #13 of 133 made, and 1 of 3 sold in NJ. I'm surprised you dont remember the bike from the old paragon days.

Attachments

• P5080021 - Copy.jpg
    P5080021 - Copy.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Sunday 10/09 11am Berma Rd ready to ride

Weather is looking really good for the weekend and I for one need to ride. Looks like Brad, Steve, Dave, Buddy, Dror. Who else wants to get out and play? :ride:

Top Bottom