CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
This weekend......

Weather is again not looking too favorable right now but it is only Wed. I'm going to plan on making this a two day event at this point since it will most likely be the last ride out there for awhile. I plan on switching to my sand setup for the upcoming dualsport on the 31st-1st and also the one the following week in south Jersey. Anyone with a street legal registered and insured bike can join us. The riding down there is way less technical and much faster paced. I've always said that South Jersey makes you faster and the Coal company makes you more technical. Andrew get your bike insured and registered and you will get much faster down there. It could be just what you need not that your slow by any means but I think it will help you.

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
Where you guys ride at in Jersey? I was just wondering how long the drive would be for me. Looking forward to some of that riding. Got a fresh knobby on the back now. Hopefully the weather cooperates for this weekend.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
South Jersey

Hey Derrick
South Jersey is broken up into 3 state parks that cover over 1 Million acres I believe. Its huge to say the least and covered with single track that is fast and fun. Its usually 10-15 degrees warmer down there with the off shore winds and hardly ever snows or sticks. Try searching for the Corranza memorial in Mt Holly NJ. That will at least give you some idea. I know the area as well if not better then Rac and can get us from say Toms river to AC with little or no paved road. Plenty of gas and food along the way. Dress warm if you come we stay out for hours. Terrain is varied bit with very little elevation change, SJ is mostly flat 200-300 foot hills are about it and there aren't many. Lots of fast moving single track that I can show you.

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
Looking forward to some fast and loose terrain. I ran some enduro's in south jersey a few years back and have been wanting to get back for some more. Hope the weather holds out for RAC this weekend cause I can never get enough of that.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Weather is a no go for tomorrow

Checked it out and it looks like it will be a washout for tomorrow so I'll be there Sunday ready to ride at 10am

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
10/31 Hazleton

I've been so busy here at the business this week that I just don't have time to change my setup for south jersey and the weather for RAc looks good for Saturday so one more day out there it is. Darrel sure hope we didn't beat up Randy too bad and he wants to join us again. Maybe this time we'll show him some rocks. Jason asked about going to Hazelton and I think that might be a good idea for a change. Who's up for it? Derrick, it's in Hazelton not far for you. If you've never been there Jason and I know the place really well and there is some very cool single track and other fun stuff.

Last edited:

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm in for whatever, if it's Saturday, the earlier the better - got forced for OT at 5pm, :(
I'll probably be at RAC on Sunday as well.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
No friends and keep it quiet

Please no one show up with anyone without my knowing before hand as this will be a by invitation only ride. Sorry but I'm responsible for everyone I bring in there. So clear it with me first or don't bring them. That's just how it has to be there, sorry. Cost is $25.00 cash per rider just so you know.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
No friends and keep it quiet $25.00 my mistake

Hazleton 10/31 meet at Exxon 9:30 to all go in together.
Please no one show up with anyone without my knowing before hand as this will be a by invitation only ride. Sorry but I'm responsible for everyone I bring in there. So clear it with me first or don't bring them. That's just how it has to be there, sorry. Cost is $25.00 cash per rider just so you know.

Last edited:

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
My friend Al has a weekend off from work and he called me. He rode with us once before on the ktm 450 so if that alright let me know. Either way I'm good to go.

Derek

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Derek I don't want to say no but right now I have too, sorry. Tell him not to take it personally but the group is getting too large and I don't want to overwhelm them. Looks like Steve, Brad, Darrel, Randy, Derek, Andrew, Budy, Dror, Jason and me that's 10 like I said sorry but we need to cut it off there maybe next time or if someone calls out.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ride report

Let's see there was Steve, Darrell, Randy, Derek, Al, Buddy, Dror, Andrew, Gordon.
On the way out I was starting to think this might be a wet ride but luck was on our side and it didn't rain till we were all on the way home. Riding in Hazleton is always fun for me and brings back many fond memories. We of course hit all of Dan's marked out single track as well as plenty of stuff that was certainly off the radar way back then. It's sort of weird being there in what seems like a ghost town but still well marked as if it just closed yesterday. Hey Dan if you're reading this you need to get out there and do some grooming. :nener: We rode from around 10 till just after 2 or so. The highlight of the day was when Steve showed us all up and went up the big hill in the play area with no problem. Most of us were still looking for a line that might be doable when he just went for it and made us look silly. Good for him!! He has made incredible advancements in his riding over the last couple of years. In fact Dror and Buddy keep saying leave him home its embarrassing already. Jason you missed a great ride.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
The Gang or at least most of them

Another great day out on the bike with friends

Attachments

• sm.jpg
    sm.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 122

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
what's the plan for this weekend? I got a buddy that wants to ride Sunday, but I'm off both days, so I'm in for whatever. Can you email me those pics Gordon?

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
I have to work saturday, have to move one of our cranes up 5 feet to clear one of our new projects. I'm game for sunday though. Gonna have to break the Honda out though, my Ktm feels like you're riding on a flat front tire, the front end is really skating around and getting worse each weekend.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Derek take it to budd Mattos he does incredable suspension work and knows what we ride on. He's the man for your problems

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
anyone else from the group going either day? Steve, Brad, Darrell? I'm definitely going somewhere on Sunday, not quite sure yet, but I wouldn't mind getting out Saturday too. Derek, I'll let you know sometime tomorrow where I'm going on Sunday if you wanna go with my buddy and I.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
RAC 11 AM R2R. 10-4?
Lets see if we can get lost in the woods!
Steve, get your butt out there. We will leave no man behind!
Any other takers chime in or be there. It's a Jason ride so A,B,C are welcome. No quads, sorry.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great freaking picture! Great bunch of guys there! sorry I missed it. Glad there is such an awesome core of buds to ride with on a regular basis. This is what DRN was supposed to be about! I love it when we are riding and folks ask us where we are from. NJ, NY, Pa - all parts. Man how do you guys get together? DRN baby!

CRFGuy said:
Another great day out on the bike with friends

Top Bottom