CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow 11am ready to ride RAC

Just finished putting my bike together a few minuets ago and don't feel like waking up at the crack of dawn to go race so. I'll be at Burma rd 11am ready to ride. Looks like Jason, Steve, maybe Brad and me. Hope anyone going to the race has a good time.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Wow, great ride. I was a bit disappointed not riding the MoonShine, but man, I think we made up for it toady with a nice fast paced hard ride. I spent the first hour trying to tune my bike to run a higher front tire PSI and I think I am real close. We circled back to hook up with Brad and two new friends and those guys hung tough for a good hour or so. With little recent seat time and even less tuned bikes. The KTM 450 was fairly easy to rough in quick as you don't even need a screw driver to dial in the upper forks and CRF guy was able to recite a decent base line dial . The guy was over 10 clicks out from the "recommended" tune and road very well after some quick hacking on the bike. Terry was at quite a disadvantage on a late 80's Yamaha XT and the bike showed some damage in short order. Trigger would be proud. Get that 03 WR 426 on the tail bro! Those Big Bore Blue Bikes are Unstoppable! You both need bark busters, gears, and some tuning and you will be on the pace with some practice! Oh and put some used tires on that KTM 450, you'll be very happy with the improved grip :nener: . I know the one guy slammed his finger pretty hard.
Anyway, they peeled off the group after we crossed Burmma road and the 4 of us just slid into a freaking awesome groove and pace! we were all 4 just about 1.5 bikes off the next guy and just started ramping up the pace. I think CRF guy was just doing everything he could to rachet up the PSI on Steve who was second wheel but just could not be dropped today! I think I may have even seen Gordon almost ask for a break even though there was no reason to wait for anyone :p Steve's riding is right on par and his conditioning / off bike training system seems to have improved his stamina despite the high cost of the program!
With not having to wait for anyone, we just started running sections back to back. I started standing up on the pegs and grabbing gears! We were Cooking! We ran the fire tower section and that is a LONG HARD TECH section since it does not cross any other trails for maybe 5 miles so we ran it all! I think we were on great pace to run a decent race. I think maybe we were in the 45 mile range today (?) but I'm not sure I could have handled 70 miles or so without a break and I would need some fuel and water. I was good and tired after the ride so that's awesome. I even had to pit stop at KFC in Pottsville on the way home. CRF guy was kind enough to try and share some water with me on the ride home on Rt 61 @ 70 MPH, so I tried to share a drumstick with Steve who was driving CRF guy's truck, but I think he had his window rolled up so I'm not sure he got any of that Original Recipe loving or not, LOL :p
Lots of fun!

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
What are you going looking like this weekend? I'm up for either day, just want to know because I can do some firehouse stuff on Saturday if you're not going.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Looks like Sat

Right now it looks like Saturday but I still need to get some work done on the bikes. Will keep you posted

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
11:00am Ready to ride

I'll be there 11am ready to ride Just finished working on the bikes but need some sleep so a little later start. See you there. :ride:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow

Just checked weather and it's looking good for tomorrow so we're on for 10am ready to ride Berma Rd. See you guys there.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Looks like alot of AM rain, but the bike is running again, so I'll be there if the weather looks OK when I get up and check it again.
Apparently something with my decompression system got messed, it looks as if my exhaust valve was stuck open and that's why I couldn't get it running. Along with a corroded spark plug cap... so we'll see.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Another great ride

Weather turned out to be awesome and the ride was great. Everyone held a good pace and we covered some new and of course old trails. Andew get that 250X and you'll really be kicking ass with the button.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow is looking good

I should have the new truck on the road tomorrow, that is if my GF doesn't steal it. Just what I need another vehicle. Weather looks good for a 10am start as usual. See you guys there.
Steve says the challenge is on he's been reading all week and has it in his head that no one will keep up with him.

If anyone is interested I might be persuaded to sell one of my Suburbans

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
CRFGuy said:
Steve says the challenge is on he's been reading all week and has it in his head that no one will keep up with him.

Reading or riding? Ill sell that truck. Just need to get some pics and all the info.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
With Steve he under the impression that if he reads enough it will just come to him. Hey maybe it works......

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I was 50/50 depending on weather the van started. It did so as long as I get up in the AM. the weather looks kind of crappy but warm so I will ride that. What do you say?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Starting to look like winter

I was just realizing I need to change that trials tire out for a knob soon. This sucks would be better to move to a warmer climate. Not sure about riding this weekend yet but would love to get in one more ride out there before switching to sand in South Jersey since it's usually 10-15 degrees warmer down there this time of year. Will let you know by Friday about the weekend for me.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Darrell's request

Darrell asked if we can ride Sunday this weekend. Anyone have a problem with that? I've been watching weather and it looks like Sunday will be the better day anyway. Might even be a wash for Sunday but stands a better chance then Saturday. Right now looks like Steve, Brad, Darrell, Randy new guy and me. Jason is his usual maybe, we'll see, definitely up in the air.

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
By the looks of it I will be able to make it on sunday. I've been working saturdays lately and with work and the new little one my schedule has been full but I'll be out Sunday if we ride.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I hope it works out for you guys. I had nearly 2" of snow when I got up this morning. Nothing stuck to the road but it still came down!!! :(

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
we had 2" of snow at 6:00 last night, same thing with nothing sticking to the roads, but it snowed all day and did start to stick to the grass after a while.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I'm going to say lets see about next week

9 am35°F
Rain27°F90%92%From N
12 mph10 am36°F
Rain28°F90%89%From N
12 mph11 am37°F
Rain29°F90%85%From N
13 mph12 pm38°F
Rain30°F90%82%From N
13 mph1 pm39°F
Light Rain31°F80%76%From N
14 mph2 pm40°F
Light Rain32°F70%73%From N
14 mph3 pm40°F
Light Rain32°F70%73%From

Don't know what is less appealing about tomorrow the fact it will only be a feels like of 28 in the morning or the rain.

Let see what happens for next week

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom