CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hancock ride report

Short version of a real short ride..... Turned out to be just Brad and I. We started out around 9:15 and went off into the wonderful stuff up there. I was out front with Brad right behind me as usual barking at my back tire as we passed a bunch of slower riders so I picked up the pace and pulled away from him and passed several riders until I came to the first signed turn and waited for him. Well the riders I passed came out and no sign of Brad so I started asking if anyone saw him and one guy said he was OK but stuck off the trail and just then I got a text from Brad saying "Broken Radiator". Apparently he went slightly off the trail and railed a tree stump with his right side Rad so that was the end of the day. I can tell you it was quite exciting to ride the wrong way for the 1.5 miles I needed to back track to get him you should have seen the looks I got :nener: . He was only .4 miles into the course when it happened. Good news is no injuries and we'll ride again this weekend.

Hope to see you all at Burma Sat.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Gordon, just for my own edification, what class rider am I considered when you're talking A, B, C? Jason gave me his version, so I'm curious if yours is the same

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I don't claim to be a judge nor care to be. It's all about having fun and not getting anyone hurt! We'll just go with whatever Jason told you. Really comes down to seat time.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Just trying to ride, but you've been doing the "A" rides, so I know I'm not in for them, but trying to figure out when I can get up there without riding alone...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I think Gordon is trying to say that you suck but doesn't want to hurt your feelings...he's a nice guy like that :p

Now Me, I already know I suck so my feelings can't be hurt :laugh:

Actually if you can keep up with him of some on the stuff he rides you are doing pretty good. Gordon is real good a pushing you but not tot he point of being an ass so you get hurt. A great guy to ride with.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
RM_guy said:
I think Gordon is trying to say that you suck but doesn't want to hurt your feelings...he's a nice guy like that :p

Now Me, I already know I suck so my feelings can't be hurt :laugh:

Actually if you can keep up with him of some on the stuff he rides you are doing pretty good. Gordon is real good a pushing you but not tot he point of being an ass so you get hurt. A great guy to ride with.

Andrew I wasn't trying to say you suck in fact I think the last time we were out you did really well and I enjoyed having you in the group. Problem is the pace and level of type of terrain we ride when your not with us I feel might be over your head at the moment. You just need more seat time and you'll be there. You have the heart and I don't want to exclude you nor is it my place to do that. I list the ride as an "a" ride so that everyone knows we're not into waiting around or chatting but rather trying to cover miles and see some good stuff. Problem comes into play when we get into new area's that I don't know and could be taking you or someone like you down the wrong trail. I really would feel bad if anyone I rode with got hurt out there and usually pick stuff for the weakest rider in the group. That being said it's usually me so if I can ride it I know the group is OK. I promise there will be a ride coming up soon that you will be invited on. Maybe even this weekend as Steve's back is still sore so it might be a slower paced less technical ride. Really I wasn't picking on you or singling you out. I think you're a cool dude just need more time in the saddle. We were all there at one time or another.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Nah I know, I didn't take anything to heart, just breaking a little balls back... I just wanna get out riding, but don't want to go by myself, which isn't helping me get any better because it's been probably over a month now since I've been out.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Andrew, I was really hoping you could make the lost trails ride. I think you should take off for it! I think the area, group, and pace would be right up your alley.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'd love to ride Lost Trails again, but I'm attending a weekend-long class at the National Fire Academy and it's been scheduled since April. That's why I was hoping they were gonna make it the 29th, but oh well. I'll be at RAC on Saturday and Nesquehoning on Sunday, then on the waverunner Monday at Blue Marsh, so I'm psyched about this weekend at least.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Jason you can at least come up with a more creative excuss then that........ Get your ass out there and make it happen.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Dave is on the forums early this morning, he must be on his way to Unadilla.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ride report

Great ride today!! Brad, Steve, Darrell and Andrew, who by the way did very well today, we were all impressed by the improvement he has made. Keep up the riding and you'll only get better and faster it was fun having you with us. Lets see everyone sort of had their moment but there were a couple that stood out. Mine was probably the most memorable(yes I am laughing at myself), it happened on a new trail that crossed a creak about 2.5 feet deep. We were on our way back again and Darrell had just crossed and I was right behind him. I entered the water on what looked like a good line only to have a rock move out under my front wheel and throw me side ways. Well at least it was a nice hot day and the swim was cooling. The bike of course sucked in enough water to hydro lock and I needed to take out the plug crank it over and blow out the water then start it up. Sure glad it's a button bike and cooperated. Took about 1/2 hour to get it going but no big deal. I wasn't the only swimmer. Steve managed to get himself completely submerged earlier in the day. All in all it was fun and everyone had a good ride.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
RM_guy said:
You have seen his van, right? Sounds like a pretty sound excuse to me! :laugh:

Yeah I picked up a pair of goats Friday and they messed up my van a bit if that's possible, I need to air it out a bit so it smells more like sweaty boots and gas than sweaty boots, gas, and goats.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I think I remember a story that involved some goat blood in a truck, a carwash and the police :laugh:

Top Bottom